Made with pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and apples, this Maple Pecan Apple Cobbler is a delightful Fall dessert brimming with fresh apple flavor! This is a great cobbler to make in the fall when the weather begins to cool. It is the ultimate warm and delicious meal to welcome October with family and friends.
Yes, it’s October and you know what that means! It’s time to enjoy a homemade pecan apple cobbler.
The perfect fall dessert is a cobbler. It’s warm, gooey, and delicious. This one has a bubbling apple cinnamon filling, is made with pecans, maple syrup, and brown sugar to create the most amazing flavor combination! You can also make it gluten-free by swapping out the flour for almond meal or oat flour. Served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side and hot coffee, this caramel apple pecan cobbler is sure to please everyone’s taste bud! Fall can never taste this sweet and delicious!
Read on and discover how easy it is to make this sweet dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Maple Pecan Caramel Apple Cobbler Recipe
It is impossible not to fall in love with this recipe for Pecan Caramel Apple Cobbler. I am head over heels in love! The following are some of the reasons why I adore this autumnal dessert, and I am convinced that you will appreciate it for the same reasons as I do as well.
- This caramel apple pecan cobbler is just the right amount sweet, incredibly delicious, and incredibly filling!
- It has the same taste and texture of apple pie, but it’s much easier to make. Making the crust is a snap, and it’s extremely wonderfully delicious! In less than an hour, you may have a delicious fall dessert ready to serve to your friends and family.
- Pecans are used in this recipe. Pecans, when combined with apple and cinnamon, can significantly improve the flavor of this cobbler. The pecans add a delightful nuttiness to your cobbler, which elevates each taste to a new level of appreciation.
Equipment Needed To Make Maple Pecan Caramel Apple Cobbler Recipe
You’ll need a deep-dish pie plate that measures 9 inches in diameter. You can also use a baking dish that is 8x8x2 inches. You also need to check that the baking dish you’ve picked is oven-safe.
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step by step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Ingredients For Your Maple Pecan Caramel Apple Cobbler
- large baking apples
- brown sugar
- ground cloves
- maple syrup
- white granulated sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- caramel topping
How To Make A Maple Pecan Caramel Apple Cobbler
- Preheat the oven to 425 ° and grease a skillet with vegetable oil
- Peel, core, and chop apples.
- In a large mixing bowl add chopped apples, ground cloves, 1 tsp. of the cinnamon, brown sugar, pecans and maple syrup.. Stir all ingredients until fully mixed.
- Using an electric mixer, combine flour, 1 tsp. cinnamon, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix on low until combined. Cut cold butter in small chunks and into flour mixture until mixture is crumbly.
- Slowly add in buttermilk until fully mixed in with the flour.
- Scoop apple mixture into the bottom of the skillet
- Spoon dough on top of the apples, spooning it evenly over the top
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes and then decrease the temperature to 350° and bake for another 23 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly. Scoop out and serve with ice cream if desired.
Want even more recipes?Follow on Pinterest
What to Serve/Pair with Your Maple Pecan Caramel Apple Cobbler
During the fall season, serve your caramel apple pecan cobbler hot or warm to complement the cold weather. It goes well with your favorite cup of coffee.
On hot summer days, keep your homemade apple cobbler chilled before serving. Then, for the final touch, add your favorite vanilla ice cream. Believe me when I say that this dessert is perfect for finding off a hot summer day as well.
Furthermore, vanilla ice cream is the best compliment to a pecan apple cobbler. Some people prefer to serve the cobbler hot, with vanilla ice cream on the side or on top. The contrast between the cold and the hot is absolutely stunning! You should try this hot-and-cold pairing! To make it a caramel apple cobbler you’ll just need to pick up some caramel sauce from the store or you can make your own!
Maple Pecan Caramel Apple Cobbler FAQs
Can I use salted caramel?
Yes, in place of the conventional caramel in this recipe, you may use salted caramel. The salinity in the apple cobbler gives it a richer flavor. The contrast between salty and sweet flavors works well together!
What ice cream flavor complements maple pecan caramel apple cobbler?
Vanilla ice cream has a subtle flavor that pairs well with the pecans and apples in your cobbler recipe. If you use another flavor of ice cream, it can clash with the cobbler. However, you are free to use strawberry or chocolate flavor if you choose.
Can I use walnuts instead of pecans?
Absolutely! If you prefer walnuts to pecans you can switch the two out! Toast your walnuts for a more enhanced nutty flavor.
Other Desserts You’ll Love
- EASY BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE RECIPE
- RUSTIC FRESH PEACH GALETTE (FANCY OPEN-FACED PIE!)
- LIGHT AND FRESH TRIPLE BERRY LAYER CAKE
- GLUTEN-FREE CANDIED PECANS
- PUMPKIN CRUNCH CAKE