Hot Chocolate Spoons are a great way to add some flavor to your favorite cold-weather beverage. They add just the right amount of flavor to your beverage without making it too sweet or overpowering its taste.
Hot Chocolate Spoons come in many flavors. Some of the more popular ones are peppermint, honey lemon, and honey vanilla. They are perfect for sipping on hot chocolate on a cold winter day.
Table of Contents
Why you should make these Peppermint Spoons for Hot Chocolate
Fun to Make – This project is not only fun to make, but it allows you to use your own creativity and imagination.
Built-in Flavor – these spoons are made to add flavor to your drink without making the drink too sweet!
Makes Great Holiday Gifts – instead of giving away candy this Christmas, give out these Peppermint Spoons instead.
Perfect for Holiday Parties – these spoons are great for holiday parties. They will leave guests smiling after each sip of their hot chocolate.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Pumpkin Hot Cocoa Bomb recipe.
What You Need To Make This Hot Cocoa Spoons Recipe
- coffee, tea, and hot cocoa – prepared
- White chocolate
- Milk chocolate
- Mini marshmallows
- Soft peppermint candies
- Caramel sauce
- Lemon slices & zest
- Honeycomb (optional)
- Lavender (optional)
How to Make Hot Chocolate Spoons
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: Melt the chocolate you are using in a microwave-safe bowl string every 30 seconds until smooth. If you need to temper your chocolate you can add a small amount of coconut oil or shortening to help your chocolate stay smooth. (Photo 1)
Step 2: If you are adding honey or caramel add it on top of the spoon. Place on a parchment lined plate or baking sheets in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Step 3: After 10 minutes remove the spoon from the freezer and carefully dip the spoon into the chocolate being sure to keep your beverage still on the spoon. (Photos 2 & 3)
Step 4: While the chocolate is still wet add your toppings like peppermint, lemon, caramel sauce, or sprinkles. (Photos 4 & 5)
Step 5: Place the completed spoon on a parchment-lined baking sheet and return to the freezer. until completely set. About 30 minutes to one hour. (Photo 6)
Step 6: Once completely hardened remove from the freezer and store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.3+
Store your hot chocolate spoons in a cool dry place for up two weeks. Or, you can store them in the fridge for up to one month.
These beverage spoons can also be stored inv the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To make dipping easier leave the beverage-filled spoon in the freezer even longer until the beverage has completely hardened on the spoon.
- Instead of using regular chocolate to dip them in you can use white, milk, or dark chocolate.
- If you don’t want to temper your chocolate you can use candy melts.
- For colored chocolate-coated spoons use colored candy melts instead of chocolate.
- To gift these hot cocoa spoons place them in gift bags with a packet of hot cocoa or tea bag.
Substitutions and Variations
Milk chocolate caramel spoons – drizzle caramel on top of the beverage, follow the freezer directions. Once removed from the freezer dip in chocolate and add more caramel will the hot chocolate is still wet.
Peppermint Spoons for Hot Chocolate – follow the beverage instructions then dip the spoon into melted chocolate, place on a wax paper lined plate, sprinkle with crushed peppermint while the chocolate is still wet.
Honey Lemon Tea Spoons – Dip the spoon into brewed tea and top with a squeeze of honey. Following the freezing directions. Once frozen dip the spoon in chocolate and then top with fresh lemon zest.
Mini marshmallow skewers – Make a great addition to the spoons simply slide marshmallows onto skewers.
Prepare hot drinks per your preference. Add in stir in spoon and stir until everything on the spoon dissolves. Serve and enjoy.
Yes, you can use any type of chocolate. For colored spoons use candy melts of chocolate.
Yes, you can use any kind of disposable spoons to make these Hot Chocolate Spoons.
More Chocolate Recipes You May Enjoy
- Witches Brew Breakable Chocolate
- French Chocolate Mousse Silk “Pie” Brownies
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dr. Pepper Cupcakes
- Easy Peppermint Bark Dessert Bowls
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Hot Chocolate Spoons
- Plastic spoons
- Wooden skewers
- parchment-lined plates
- parchment-lined baking sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowls
- Melt the chocolate you are using in a microwave-safe bowl string every 30 seconds until smooth. If you need to temper your chocolate you can add a small amount of coconut oil or shortening to help your chocolate stay smooth.
- If you are adding honey or caramel add it on top of the spoon. Place on a parchment lined plate or baking sheets.
- After 10 minutes remove the spoon from the freezer and carefully dip the spoon into the chocolate being sure to keep your beverage still on the spoon.
- After 10 minutes then dip your spoon in the melted chocolate to coat your spoon. If you are not using caramal or honey start your spoon at this step.
- While the chocolate is still wet add your toppings like peppermint, lemon, caramel sauce, or sprinkles.
- Place the completed spoon on a parchment-lined baking sheet and return to the freezer. until completely set. About 30 minutes to one hour.
- Once completely hardened remove from the freezer and store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.