Do you enjoy Campbell’s double noodle soup? If so, you can learn how to make this comforting chicken broth noodle soup with just a few simple ingredients you might already have on hand. Carrots, celery, spaghetti noodles, chicken stock, and a few other ingredients. Skip the can of campbell’s condensed double noodle soup, and learn how to make this double noodle soup at home.
I love chicken noodle soup, but I also love a good noodle soup. The perfect bowl is topped with some oyster crackers for a nice crunch. Now there is not tender chicken meat in this soup, but you could add it in if you would like.
Want more delicious soups to try out this fall and winter? Try my cheesy broccoli cheese soup, slow cooker minestrone soup, or even this mushroom soup with wild rice.
Ingredients for noodle soup
- Spaghetti Noodles – You will break the pasta up so it is not in super long pieces.
- Carrot and Celery – This is going to flavor your soup quite a lot.
- Olive Oil – Great for sauteing the vegetables before cooking.
- Chicken Stock – You can use chicken broth, chicken bone broth or a stock. It is whatever your preference is.
- Salt and Pepper – To taste.
How To Make Double Noodle Soup
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Step One: In a large pot over medium-high heat, you will add in your oil and the carrots and celery. Stir to cook 3-4 minutes.
Step Two: Next you will add in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally.
Step Three: Stir in the pasta and cook until it is fully cooked.
Step Four: Remove from heat and allow the pasta to soak up some of the liquid. This will add flavor to the pasta.
Step Five: Season with salt and pepper to taste.
How to Store Soup
If you don’t eat all of your soup right away, store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. I like to put it in a container for a single serving of food so it is a great grab and go for lunch or dinner.
Possible Substitutions/Additons To Recipe
- Season with some onion powder or garlic powder.
- Instead of spaghetti noodles you can do egg noodles.
- Add in some diced up chicken to the soup. Just use pre-cooked chicken and remove any chicken fat on the chicken.
- Use fun shaped pasta for a fun-filled spoonful of noodles for kids.
Double noodle soup is made with chicken stock but does not contain pieces of chicken in it like a classic chicken noodle soup.
You will find that canned soup does contain additives and preservatives. Since you are making it homemade, it is a bit healthier for you. Just know that the pasta is going to be full of carbs. So eat in moderation.
What to serve with
Serve your soup with a side salad, half sandwich, or even dinner rolls or bread. This can easily be a meal in one without having side dishes.
Need more dinner recipes? Try these:
- Slow cooker chicken and gravy
- Creamy tortellini and sausage
- Honey mustard chicken thighs
- See all our dinner recipes!
Have you tried this double noodle soup or any other recipe on my site? If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and drop a comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can also follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter, For more incredible recipes!
Double Noodle Soup
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups dry spaghetti noodles broken into pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and heat until hot. Add the carrots and celery. Cook, about 3 to 4 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the chicken stock to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the noodles and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow the noodles to continue absorbing the liquid until the noodles are soft.
- Adjust the salt and black pepper to taste.
Leave a Reply