Learn how to make Italian seasoning from a few dried herbs you might already have in your spice cabinet. A quick and easy Italian seasoning blend to use in sauce, season chicken, mix in meatballs, and more.
Please don’t feel you need to rush to the store to buy an Italian blend; learn to make it at home. Dress up your dinner tonight with this flavorful seasoning blend.
Table of Contents
Why Make Your Own Homemade Italian Seasoning
- You control the ingredients used! If you don’t like something you can swap it out!
- Takes minutes to mix up, and has a long shelf life! So you can whip up a batch and then have it on hand for future uses.
- You might have all the ingredients on hand, so you can use what you have instead of buying a bottle from the store.
- Versatile in how you use the blend! You can use this in making pasta sauce, seasoning vegetables, making meatballs, etc. The uses for homemade seasoning is endless.
- No need to run to the store for seasoning in the middle of cooking
How to Make
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
- Grab a bowl and add all spices as directed. Mix to blend. (Photos 1 & 2)
- Once mixed, use any recipe that calls for this seasoning blend.
You will store the spice mix in an airtight container. They sell spice jar containers at the store or shop online. That is what I tend to do with my DIY spice blends.
The spice mix can store for 6 months to a year when stored properly. Just look at the expiration dates on all the herbs you mix in. Then base it off the one that expires first.
Gift Spice Blend For A Gift
If you or someone you know enjoys cooking, consider making this blend and gifting it to them. Buy a nice container for holding spices or even a small mason jar.
Tie some ribbon on and add a label saying what it is and the ingredients used. Pair with a cutting board, kitchen utensils, etc.
Here are a few tips for making this homemade spice blend!
- You are welcome to adjust the amount of spices being used. If you want less thyme then feel free to lessen the amount used.
- Make sure you are using fresh spices, so you get a delicious flavor. If your spices are expired or close to it, the flavor will be lacking.
- Store in a cabinet or your pantry.
- Make sure the spice blend is in a sealed container so moisture gets in and spoils the mixture.
Craving more recipes
Here are some more ways to create tasty recipes in your home!
- Puff pastry dough – Just a few ingredients is all you need for this homemade puff pastry recipe!
- Beef Enchiladas – Here is a Mexican dish that is easy to whip up. Skip ordering takeout and make this easy and delicious enchilada recipe.
- Spicy Hummus – Here is a tasty homemade hummus recipe that packs some heat! A dippable snack that is loaded with nutrients.
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
6 Ingredient Italian Seasoning Recipe
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, and stir well until all spices are combined.2 tbsp oregano, 2 tbsp basil, 2 tbsp thyme, 2 tbsp rosemary, 2 tbsp sage, 2 tbsp marjoram
- Store in an airtight container