Whip up this easy and delicious Instant Pot BBQ Pork Tenderloin Recipe. This pork tenderloin Instant Pot recipe requires 4 ingredients. I used a marinated tenderloin, BBQ sauce, a little oil, and sweet rolls to serve the meat. This is a quick and easy weeknight dinner idea.
This is it if you are hunting for an easy Instant Pot pork recipe. I love pork tenderloins and wanted to create a simple everyday dinner for kids and adults. Serve with some coleslaw and enjoy all the rich flavors.
This is a great starter recipe if you are new to pressure cooking. Minimal ingredients and easy steps. Also, try out my jambalaya, egg salad, or even these stuffed peppers. All are great Instant Pot dinner ideas for the whole family.
Table of Contents
What is Instant Pot BBQ Pork Tenderloin
BBQ pork tenderloin is an Instant Pot recipe that creates a juicy and tender pork tenderloin that you thinly slice and top with a barbecue sauce of choice. Serve on a sweet roll for a delicious twist to a BBQ pork recipe. The pressure cooker creates a perfect tool for those hot summer days when you don’t want to heat the whole house when cooking.
Why this recipe works
- Minimal ingredients are needed to make this pork recipe.
- Easy step-by-step directions.
- Great for newbies in the kitchen or seasoned pros.
- Quick cook time, so it makes it great for those busy weeknights.
- Flavorful and juicy pork tenderloin recipe that the whole family can enjoy.
What is this Barbecue Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Pork Tenderloin – Marinated Onion Peppercorn with Garlic. Or buy the flavored tenderloin of choice.
- BBQ Sauce – Kansas City or Carolina both work great for this. But any brand of BBQ sauce works.
- Rolls – Hawaiian sweet rolls are what we used.
- Oil – Canola, Avocado, or vegetable oil all are great options.
- Water – Needed for the pressure cooker to come to pressure properly.
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
How To Make
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute and heat it up for a minute or two to get hot. Then add in your tenderloin and sear on all sides. (Photo 1)
- Remove the tenderloin and add 1/2 the water, and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Add a trivet and place tenderloin on the trivet. Then add the remaining water. (Photo 2)
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 4 minutes, with a manual release of pressure.
- Ensure the tenderloin is fully cooked, then thinly slice and drizzle with your favorite BBQ sauce. (Photo 3)
- Serve on a bun and devour.
- If you are not using a marinated pork tenderloin, then make sure to add seasoning to your pork before you sear it. You can use your favorite spice blend or even a BBQ rub. You want flavor on the meat.
- Allow the oil to get hot before you place the meat in the pressure cooker to sear the pork. Otherwise, you won’t get that nice sear.
- Deglazing the bottom of the pressure cooker is a MUST. Skipping this step will cause a burn notice on your pressure cooker as you cook.
- Liquid is a must. It won’t get your pressure cooker to pressure and cook properly. If you don’t want to use water, swap with chicken broth.
- If you are not a fan of BBQ sauce, then serve the pork plain or with a different sauce.
- The rolls are optional for serving. We love making them into sandwiches but feel free to serve them any way you want.
- You can brush the pork with the sauce and then toss it in the oven to broil to help the sauce become sticky if you want. Just drizzle pork with the liquid from cooking in to ensure it doesn’t dry out the pork too much.
If you happen to not eat all the pork just place it in a sealed container and store it in the fridge. The meat will last around 3-4 days.
Go right ahead and freeze any of the pork you don’t want to eat right away. It is important to place in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Then freeze for 4-5 months.
When you are ready to eat you can thaw in the fridge overnight, or defrost in the microwave and then reheat.
You have a few options for reheating. Warm up in the microwave for a quick reheat. Or opt to warm up on the stovetop, just add some water to the pan to ensure it doesn’t dry out the meat.
Another great option is to place in a covered dish and warm it up slowly in the oven. Just add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the pan like you would if you heat on the stovetop.
Different Ways to Serve Up This Pork
- Serve on a bun
- Top a potato for a loaded potato
- Pair with a bed of rice and make a rice bowl
- Serve with mashed potatoes or other favorite side dishes.
- Create loaded nachos with the meat.
The possibilities of how you serve up this pressure cooker pork are endless. Those are just a few of our favorite ways to enjoy this meat.
What to Serve with BBQ Tenderloin Sandwiches
I love to top the sandwich with coleslaw to make a loaded sandwich. Or you can serve it up with French fries, cucumber, and onions, potato salad, etc. There is no wrong way to eat this pork!
Yes, you can use frozen pork tenderloin for the recipe. Just skip the searing the outside, as that will not work if frozen. Then, add 1-2 minutes extra to the cooking time to ensure it fully reaches the proper internal temperature.
It is recommended to have a cup of water in the pressure cooker to properly pressure cook. The water creates the steam used to help the pressure cooker create the pressure within the unit.
You will use a meat thermometer and ensure it reads 145 degrees internally. Also, you want to ensure the juice runs clear; it is no longer pink and such.
Need easy, refreshing drinks? Try these:
- Gatorade Slushies
- Frozen Watermelon Agua Fresca
- Frozen Fuzzy Navels Recipe
- Lemonade Slush
- See all our easy drink recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Instant Pot BBQ Pork Tenderloin
- 1 lb pork tenderloin marinaded onion peppercorn garlic
- ½ cup of bbq sauce
- 6 Hawaiian sweet roll buns
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 cup of water
- Add oil to the Instant Pot and turn on the saute mode. Let it get hot for a few minutes.1 tablespoon of oil
- Place tenderloin in the hot pressure cooker and sear all sides of the pork tenderloin. Then remove and palce on a plate.1 lb pork tenderloin marinaded onion peppercorn garlic
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the pressure cooker, and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any stuck on bits.1 cup of water
- Place trivet in the pressure cooker and add remaining water and tenderloin.
- Place lid on and seal, and cook high pressure for 4 minutes followed by a manual release of pressure.
- Make sure your tenderloin reaches 145 degrees internally. Once done remove and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice into thin strips, and then drizzle on bbq sauce. Serve on a bun or how you would like.1/2 cup of bbq sauce, 6 Hawaiian sweet roll buns
- Tenderloin – Depending on the size of the tenderloin, just know the cooking time can vary. If the pork isn’t fully cooked, place it back in the pressure cooker and cook for a few additional minutes.
- Seasoning – If you don’t have a pre marinated tenderloin, then add your favorite seasoning to the pork before you sear it. That way, you get nice flavor.
- BBQ Sauce – Any brand or flavor of sauce works for this recipe. Just reach for a sauce you enjoy.
- Rest – Let your pork rest for 5 minutes before you go to slice it up. This helps lock in the moisture and so when you slice it won’t dry out the meat.