If you love garlic bread as much as I do, then this recipe is for you! This easy homemade garlic bread seasoning recipe will help make your next meal that much more delicious.
You can use this garlic bread seasoning on any type of bread, but I prefer using a loaf of French bread. It’s perfect for dipping in soup or making sandwiches with.
The perfect partner for your pasta can be made right in your own kitchen! Use this easy garlic bread seasoning made of powdered parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, oregano, basil, and parsley.
Table of Contents
Why you should make this Garlic Bread Seasoning
- This spice blend is easy to prepare! Six ingredients are all you need to make this garlic bread seasoning mix, and they are all readily available at your local grocery store.
- Making your own garlic bread seasoning is a healthier alternative to purchasing pre-made mixes. It is possible that your store-bought mix contains unwholesome components, chemicals, and preservatives.
- My recipe takes your bread over the top for your lasagna or spaghetti! Sprinkle your buttered bread with this garlic bread spice blend, and your pasta will never be lonely ever again!
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Mediterranean Spice Blend
Ingredients for Homemade Garlic Bread Seasoning
The best part about this recipe? You don’t need any complicated or hard-to-find ingredients to make it, so you can whip up homemade garlic bread anytime you want!
Other ways to use Garlic Bread Seasoning
- Use it as a meat seasoning! This mix is great on pork chops, chicken, and steak.
- You can also season your fries with this garlic bread seasoning!
- Sprinkle it on freshly popped popcorn for the best snack imaginable.
How to Make Garlic Bread Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. That’s it! (Photos 1 & 2)
- Sprinkle this seasoning on buttered bread to make garlic bread, or mix 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp (according to taste) with 1/2 cup softened butter to make a spread for garlic bread!
- Add the garlic powder to your softened butter. Mix them together for the perfect blend. Then, store in a small airtight container. You now have a homemade spread ready for use.
- Label the airtight jars with the expiration date on the cheese package.
What to serve with garlic bread
The options are endless! I’m sure you know that garlic bread goes perfectly with any Italian dish.
Refrigerate your garlic bread spice mix in an airtight container until the powdered parmesan cheese has reached its expiration date, which should be found on the cheese package.
A thick baguette of French bread is ideal. You want bread that will be toasty on the outside but soft on the inside.
Yes! Mix the seasoning with softened butter and spread it on your sliced bread. Wrap it in foil and then plastic wrap and freeze until you’re ready to use. Take off the plastic wrap, but keep the foil on the bread while you warm it in the oven.
More spice blend recipes you may enjoy
- Meditteranean Herb Seasoning Blend Perfect For Chicken
- 6 Ingredient Italian Seasoning Recipe
- See all our easy spice blends!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Easy Homemade Garlic Bread Seasoning
- Medium sized mixing bowl
Garlic Bread Recipe:
- ½ cup Butter softened
Garlic Seasoning Blend:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.¾ cup parmesan cheese, 1 tbsp salt, 3 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tbsp basil, 1 tbsp parsley
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Garlic Bread Recipe:
- Sprinkle on buttered bread to make garlic bread.
- Or mix 1 ½ – 2 tbsp (according to taste) to ½ cup softened butter to make a spread for garlic bread.½ cup Butter