Italian Sausage and Zucchini Galette – a savory take on a galette baked to golden brown perfection with sweet Italian sausage, creamy ricotta, and flavor-packed zucchini make this savory open pie perfect for when you need to impress guests!
This delightful mix of creamy ricotta, hearty sausage, and tender zucchini, is sure to be a crowd favorite. While some galette recipes are filled with sweets and fruits, this one will give you a warm golden-brown crust with delicious fillings to satisfy many different flavors like savory, fresh, citrusy, and tangy! This galette is a perfect way to slice up the dish and share it with everyone!
Why you should make this Italian Sausage and Zucchini Galette
- This galette is perfect for when you want to impress a date, or for a meet the parents type of dinner.
- This is a unique dish and is pretty simple to make!
- There are few required ingredients and the dough is premade so there’s no fuss!
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Instant Pot-Chicken Alfredo with Pasta
What You Need To Make This Italian Sausage and Zucchini Galette Recipe
- pie crust
- sweet italian sausage
- italian seasoning
- cherry tomatoes
- ricotta cheese
- Salt & pepper
- lemon zest
- fresh parmesan cheese
- Rolling pin
- Measuring cups
- Stirring spoon
- Pastry brush
- Baking sheet
- Baking liner
How to Make Italian Sausage and Zucchini Galette
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Preheat oven to 425, line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Roll out pre-made dough or this homemade dough to 12” and place on a lined baking sheet
In a skillet brown the sausage and drain
Stir in zucchini and tomatoes, cook until veggies are soft
Remove from heat and cool slightly
Whisk together ricotta, seasonings, lemon zest, and egg until well combined
Spread ricotta mixture on dough leaving a 2 inch border all the way around
Sprinkle on half of the parmesan cheese
Layer on sausage, zucchini, tomato mixture
Fold the edges of the dough up toward the center
Whisk together egg & water and apply the egg wash with pastry brush all around the crust border
Sprinkle on remaining parmesan cheese
Bake 20-30 minutes until golden brown
The best way to store your leftover galette is to place it in an airtight container with a lid and leave it in the fridge. This will be the best way to keep the pie crust from going soggy. Your leftover galette will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
Can I Freeze This Zucchini Ricotta Galette
Yes, you can freeze your zucchini ricotta galette, but be aware that due to the type of cheese used and other components such as the pie crust, the textures could change upon reheating.
Substitutions and Variations
Substitutions – Change the cheese. If you don’t like ricotta or you have a cheese you prefer over it, then add it! You can substitute the ricotta for another creamy cheese such as cream cheese or even goat cheese!
Variations – Add more veggies. If you would like more than tomatoes and zucchini, then you can add however many vegetables you would like. The most popular choices for a recipe such as this would be mushrooms, onions, and kale.
Can I make this vegetarian?
Do I have to use tomatoes?
Is a galette Italian?
More Recipes You May Enjoy
- Rustic Fresh Peach Galette
- Apple Feta-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- Creamy Instant Pot Sausage Rigatoni
- Prosciutto Arugula Flatbread Pizza
- Baked Ziti Pasta With White Alfredo Sauce
Italian Sausage & Zucchini Galette With Tomatoes & Ricotta
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425, line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Roll out or use premade dough to 12” and place on lined baking sheet
- In a skillet brown the sausage and drain
- Stir in zucchini and tomatoes, cook until veggies are soft
- Remove from heat and cool slightly
- Whisk together ricotta, seasonings, lemon zest, and egg until well combined
- Spread ricotta mixture on dough leaving a 2 inch border all the way around
- Sprinkle on half of the parmesan cheese
- Layer on sausage, zucchini, tomato mixture
- Fold the edges of the dough up toward the center
- Whisk together egg & water and apply wash with brush all around the crust border
- Sprinkle on remaining parmesan cheese
- Bake 20-30 minutes until golden brown