Everyone’s going to love this lemon meringue shot! It’s just a tiny version of a lemon meringue martini and so much fun to drink! It really does taste like a pie, in cocktail form!
The best part about these lemon meringue pie shooters is that they take just 5 minutes to make! This simple shot is the best way to get that classic pie taste that you gulp down in one go. Forget about summer desserts – it’s time for summer cocktails instead!
Why you’ll love this Lemon Meringue Shot
- It’s made using fresh lemon juice and other simple ingredients
- All you need is a cocktail shaker and a small amount of time
- You can sweeten the drink quickly by adding some sugar to the rim of a martini glass or shot glass
- Whipped Vodka – This adds a nice texture that is light and airy.
- Limoncello Liqueur – Adding this liqueur gives a wonderful citrus flavor. You can also add any other flavor as well.
- Vanilla Creamer – A hint of vanilla is never a bad idea.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice – Freshly squeezed is always a good idea!
- Whipped Cream – You can use store-bought or homemade.
- Crushed graham cracker – Crushed shortbread cookies would also be delicious.
- Lemon Zest – Lime zest is an awesome addition also.
How To Make Lemon Meringue Pie Shot
The full list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Step One: Dip the rim of the shot glass in lemon juice and then press it into the crushed graham crackers.
Step Two: Use a cocktail shaker and add the whipped cream-flavored vodka, limoncello, vanilla cream, and lemon juice.
Step Three: Shake until the mixture is combined well.
Step Four: Pour into a shot glass. (or two)
Step Five: Top the shot with whip cream, lemon wedge, and zest.
Tips and tricks
You can change up the garnishes to anything that you want for this lemon meringue pie cocktail. I love the fine crumbs on the rim, but if that isn’t your thing, you can use a sugar water lemon mixture instead.
If you want to give the shot a meringue top look, you can use a kitchen torch to heat up the medium peaks of the whipped cream. Just do it quickly, as the whipped cream won’t really ever look like the tops of the meringues, but it is a fun effect to try!
You can also add a swirled lemon peel on top for a fun look as well. This looks really festive on top of your big dollop of whipped cream!
You can buy some cheap plastic shot glasses at the dollar store or you can also pour them into a larger glass and just sip out of it!
If you’re worried that there is any lemon pulp in the mixture, you can always pour it through a fine mesh strainer as you’re adding to the glass.
Can I prep this ahead of time?
Since it’s such an easy drink to make, you really should make it fresh. If you have to prep it ahead, cover the shot glasses with plastic wrap and store them in the fridge. You can add whatever garnishes to the top of each shot glass later when you’re actually serving.
Or, a clever trick is to make it and store it in a cocktail shaker. You can then shake and pour at your leisure.
Other Drink Recipes You’ll Love
- Jalapeno Cucumber Lemonade
- A Boozy Scooby Snack Drink Recipe That’ll Make You Howl
- Shark Bite Drink Recipe Perfect For Shark Week
- See all our delicious drinks.
If you have tried this Lemon Meringue Shot or any other recipe on my site! Be kind by leaving a comment below and rating! Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow me on social Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, or My Facebook Group! For more incredible recipes!
Lemon Meringue Shot
- 2 ounces Whipped Vodka
- 2 ounces Limoncello Liqueur
- 1 ounce Vanilla Creamer
- ½ ounce Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Garnish: Lemon juice, Whipped Cream, Crushed graham cracker, Lemon Zest
- Dip the rim of the shot glass in lemon juice and then press it into the crushed graham crackers.
- Use a cocktail shaker and add the whipped cream-flavored vodka, limoncello, vanilla cream, and lemon juice.
- Shake until the mixture is combined well.
- Pour into a shot glass. (or two)
- Top the shot with whip cream, lemon wedge and zest.