Whip up this no-fuss steak seasoning and take your steaks to a whole new level of flavor. This steak rub has garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and thyme. A simple blend with a fantastic punch of flavor.
You all know I love to make homemade spices and seasoning blends. It’s a great way to dress up your meals and you control the ingredients used.
Table of Contents
What is Steak Seasoning
Steak seasoning is a mix of a few simple spices and herbs that are used to run on your beef steaks. Then toss on the grill, in the air fryer, or in a skillet and cook up juicy and flavorful steaks.
Learn how to grill steak perfectly each and every time!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy ingredients you might have on hand in your pantry already.
- Savory and flavorful spice mix to enhance the steak flavor.
- You can use it to dry rub and grill or let it marinate in the fridge for a few hours before cooking.
- Family-friendly flavors so the whole family can enjoy.
What’s in this steak rub?
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
How To Make
- Add spices to a jar or bowl and mix well. (Photos 1 & 2)
- Then use some of the mixtures to flavor the steaks. Just use however much seasoning you want and massage it onto fry steaks. Then cook as you wish.
- Store leftover I. A sealed container until ready to use. (Photo 3)
- Add in some dried onion flakes or granulated onion powder for more flavor.
- Use smoked paprika for added flavor.
- If you want, you can adjust the amount of each ingredient you add to create a custom steak seasoning.
- When seasoning steaks, you can use a little or a lot, depending on how you like your steaks flavored.
- If you add a little brown sugar (1 tablespoon), it will help to create a crust in the steaks.
- This rub works on any cut of beef you would like; toss on chicken or pork.
- Toss in some rosemary if you enjoy more “herby” flavors.
Store the steak seasoning in a sealed jar in the pantry or cabinet. This spice rub can store for 6 months to a year, depending on the quality of ingredients used.
Store in a pantry or cupboard in a dry place. You will find freezing will reduce the flavor of the spices.
Make it into a gift
Consider making this easy steak rub as a gift. Just add it into a small jar and place a lid and tie some ribbon around it. Add on a label of what it is and you have an easy diy food gift for summer grilling.
Ways to Pair This Steak With Sides
Let me share a few of our favorite side dishes that pair nicely with the seasonings in this spice blend. Consider a delicious potato salad, cucumber, and onions, pasta salad, or even our air fryer roasted potatoes.
Or sip on my strawberry agua fresca for a refreshing fruity drink that is going to hydrate and refuel you to get through the rest of the day.
You are welcome to make this a salt-free recipe if you want. Use a salt-free replacement and season to taste. Then this will offer a safer alternative for those who need salt free.
Yes, you are welcome to use it on chicken and pork and even sprinkle on top of vegetables. This is a versatile seasoning blend for any food you are whipping up. Just add a little or a lot to fit your flavor preference.
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
- Add all the spices in a jar or bowl. Mix well.1 Tablespoon Sea Salt, 1 Tablespoon Cracked Black Pepper, 1 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic, 1 Tablespoon Paprika, 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- Use to season steak,do a little or a lot to fit your preference. Then cook your steak as you normally would.
- Storing – This spice blend can be stored for 6 months to 1 year when stored in a sealed, airtight container.
- Mix between each use to ensure all the spices stay incorporated.
- Rub on the steaks and then let it sit for a bit or toss right on the grill. Both methods work.
- You can also use this on chicken, pork, vegetables, and more. It is a very versatile spice blend.