Let’s get the party started with this blue kamikaze shot! Made with blue curacao, vodka, and sweetened lime juice. Top your kamikaze shot with a lime wedge, and you have a party-approved blue shot recipe that will be a hit. This is a delicious and fruity shot that takes minutes to make.
You will enjoy the sweet and sour flavor of this colorful shot. Plus, you can make a few or make enough for a crowd; this recipe is very adaptable.
Table of Contents
What is a Blue Kamikaze Shot
Blue Kamikaze is a boozy shot that uses lime, vodka, and blue curacao. This is a strong shot that is sweet, tangy, and has a punch of sourness. You will find that depending on the recipe, it might call for a triple sec or other types of alcohol. You can also rim the shot glass with sugar and lime juice.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- 3-ingredient shot recipe.
- Shake and pour shot recipe. No extra steps are needed.
- Simple everyday ingredients you might have on hand already.
- Great for yourself or to serve up at your next party.
Blue Kamikaze Ingredients List
- Vodka – Use quality vodka. Any brand works and you can even try flavored vodka if you want to enhance the flavor of this vodka shot recipe.
- Blue Curacao – This is where the bright blue color of this shot comes from. It is going to add sweetness but also a bright blue color. If you use Triple Sec in replacement, add a couple of drops of blue food coloring if you want a blue shot.
- Lime Juice – The lime juice and lime wedges add a nice punch of tang and sourness, as well as help balance the sweetness. I do recommend fresh lime juice and not bottled.
How To Make
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
- Add all ingredients into a shaker or jar with a lid. (Photos 1,2 & 3)
- Add in the ice, and begin shaking to make sure it is well-mixed.
- Pour into shot glasses (keep ice in the shaker) and garnish with a lime wedge if you want. Then serve and enjoy. (Photo 4)
Top Tips from our Recipe Developer
- Dip the rim of the shot glass in lime juice and then roll in sugar for a sweet component as you take the shot.
- Feel free to use Triple Sec in replace of Blue Curacao. Just add food coloring if you want a blue shot.
- You can adjust the amount of alcohol used and lime juice. Create the potency of your preference.
- If you want a stronger shot to add 6 ounces of vodka instead of 4. Then use 2 ounces of blue curacao as well, so it is a lot stronger of a shot.
- You can make as many shots as you want. This recipe makes 4 shots which average around 8 ounces in total.
- Mix and serve right away so you have a chilled shot that is perfectly flavored.
These shots can be refrigerated in covered shot glasses. Or you can place the shots in a baking dish and cover them with plastic wrap. The shots will last around 24 hours in the fridge. I do recommend serving fresh for the best flavor.
What to serve with these shots
If you are hosting a party, consider some of these easy appetizers to have on hand for when your guests get a snack attack. This fresh pineapple salsa is great for dipping with salty tortilla chips. Or whip up this spicy buffalo chicken dip that is made in the slow cooker.
Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on the alcohol proof of your vodka is going to affect how strong the shots are. Overall these are pretty powerful, so drink in moderation. Also, you can make it less or more by altering the amount of vodka used.
Go right ahead and make a pitcher of this shot recipe. Just know these are shots, not a sippable cocktail. Well, it can be sipped on, but they are strong shots.
Need more boozy recipes? Try these:
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! For more easy, delicious homemade recipes!
Blue Kamikaze Shot
- Add all the ingredients into a shaker. Add ice and shake well.
- Pour the shots into glasses and then garnish with a lime wedge or slice. Serve and enjoy.
- Strong Shots – If you want to make a stronger shot do 6 ounces vodka and 2 ounces blue curacao.
- Triple Sec – Go right ahead and swap the blue curacao with triple sec. If you want a blue color, add some food coloring in.
- Rim – Dip shot glasses in lime juice and then sugar for a sweet touch to the rim of each shot glass.
- Serve Fresh – I recommend making these blue shots and serving them right away. Don’t let them sit too long, as the flavor can vary a bit.