Deck the halls and enjoy this sweet treat this holiday season. These Christmas chocolate covered strawberries are my favorite treat for parties and events.
A fresh strawberry dipped in melted chocolate and topped with sprinkles. Or if you are feeling extra festive make my Rudolf the red nosed reindeer strawberries!
Want more festive treats? Check out my donut cake pops, delicious peppermint hot chocolate bombs, or even this Reindeer pop no bake treat.
- Made with fresh strawberries
- Decorated for the holiday season
- Easy chocolate-covered strawberries
- Easy Christmas gifts for loved ones, friends, co-workers
- Decorated dipped strawberries
- One of my favorite no bake holiday desserts
Ingredients for this Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
- Strawberries – Look for plump and fresh juicy strawberries! I do find that medium to large berries are best as it is easier to decorate.
- Chocolate – So I used white chocolate and milk chocolate. We enjoy both flavors of chocolate.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is great in helping thin up the melted chocolate but also to help it create a hardened shell once it dries.
Decorations – Christmas sprinkles, cookie icing and candy eyes are items I used. Depending on how you plan to decorate items vary.
How To Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
- Step One: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Then set it aside.
- Step Two: Wash and prep your strawberries. Make sure they are dry or the chocolate will not stick.
- Step Three: Melt your white chocolate and the coconut oil until fully melted. You can use a double boiler or you can use a microwave safe bowl.
- Step Four: Dip each berry in the chocolate and then allow the excess to drip off. Then place on the parchment paper. You will add chocolate sprinkles at the top to mimic reindeer antlers. Then add on the google eyes.
- Step Five: When the chocolate is set you will add a dot of cookie icing to make a nose. Then while the icing is wet dip in red sprinkles.
- Step Six: For the berries you just want sprinkles on, just add sprinkles to the wet berries. Then allow them to set up for about 30 minutes in the fridge, then serve.
Storage Of Berries
These gourmet berries can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. You will find that the berries will leak juice as they sit and the chocolate coating can break after so long. So make sure to eat within the first two days of being made.
In terms of freezing it can be done, but you will find the berries are going to be very soft and soggy, which will alter the whole texture. I recommend making them fresh for serving guests. And freeze some for just yourself as you won’t care what they look like after being frozen.
Variations To Recipe
- You can use any flavor of chocolate you want. Dark chocolate, semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate chips, etc.
- You can also use almond bark or candy coating melts if you prefer. Just use whatever chocolate you prefer.
- Change up the colors by using green candy melts or red and then add on festive sprinkles for a fun colored Christmas treat.
- Change up the color sprinkles to fit whatever theme you want.
- Use other types of fruit for dipping. Apples, pears, and even mandarin oranges are great. The freshest fruit offers the best quality.
Sometimes when you use heat proof bowls for melting chocolate you will find if it gets too hot it can become too thick. Adding a little shortening or coconut oil is going to thin it up and make it easier to work with. So if your chocolate is too thick just add coconut oil.
Yes you can overcook chocolate and it can burn. You need to heat in small cycles of 15-30 seconds in the microwave stirring between each heat cycle. This ensures the chocolate heats evenly.
Need more Christmas recipes? Try these:
Have you tried these Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries or any other recipe on my site? If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and drop a comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can also follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter, For more incredible recipes!
Printable Recipe Card
Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 cup white chocolate
- Christmas sprinkles
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil separated
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Red sprinkles
- Cookie Icing
- Google eye sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and dry strawberries.
- Melt white chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil to keep chocolate from seizing.
- Dip strawberry in white chocolate and then directly in sprinkles. Place on the parchment paper lined baking sheet to set.
- Melt chocolate chips with 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Dip strawberry in chocolate and set on the baking sheet.
- White chocolate is setting place 6 chocolate sprinkles at the top of the strawberry arranged to look like antlers.
- Before chocolate is totally set place two googly eye sprinkles under the antlers.
- Once chocolate is set, make a large dot of white cookie icing at the tip of the strawberry for a nose.
- Dip the icing dot in red sprinkles, giving the strawberry a rudolph nose.
- Store strawberries in the refrigerator and bring out 30 min before serving.
Leave a Reply