Cool whip candy is a 3 ingredient no bake candy recipe that is so delicious. Whip candy is a homemade 3 Musketeers bars recipe, the cool whip creates this fluffy center that is dipped in melted chocolate. A sweet treat to enjoy all year round. This is a very easy Christmas dessert that is a simple and delicious recipe.
If you love musketeers candy bars, you will enjoy this batch of cool whip candy. It has that nougat flavor center that is then dipped in melted chocolate! Your favorite candy bar made at home!
Why you’ll love this Cool Whip Candy Recipe
- Homemade Candies
- Just 3 Ingredients Needed
- Perfect for The Holiday Season
- Easy Recipe
- Tastes Like A Musketeer Bar
Equipment needed to make for whip candy
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Baking Dish
Ingredients for cool whip candy
- Milk Chocolate Chips – You will use the milk chocolate chips to pair with the Cool Whip! It creates the perfect creamy and chocolate flavored filling.
- Dark Chocolate Candy Wafers – This is going to be what creates that hard outer shell of this candy.
- Cool Whip – Just buy a tub of Cool Whip and that is all you need!
- Sprinkles – These are optional but it does create a fun look to the candy.
How To Make Cool Whip Candy
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Step One: Grab a microwave safe bowl and add your milk chocolate chips. Microwave for 20 second intervals stirring between each heat cycle. You want the chips to melt fully.
Step Two: Once the chocolate is melted, then allow the chocolate to sit for 20 minutes on the counter to cool down.
Step Three: Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Then in the bowl with chocolate, fold in the whipped cream.
Step Four: Pour into the pan and then freeze for 30 minutes.
Step Five: Slice into squares. I got about 30 squares out of this. Then freeze the squares again.
Step Six: Melt chocolate and then dip each of the squares in the chocolate. Add sprinkles if you want and allow them to set up.
How To Store
Here are two ways to store candy! I love that this is a freezer friendly homemade candy that you can enjoy all year round.
Refrigerate – These whipped candies need to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. If you are going to stack, place a layer of wax paper between layers to prevent them from sticking together.
Freezing – You can also freeze your candy treats. Just place in a freezer bag or freezer container. The candy will freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter for 30 minutes or in the fridge overnight.
Tips and Variations to Candy Recipe
- You can swap the dark chocolate with vanilla wafers for a white chocolate candy if you want.
- You can swap milk chocolate morsels with melted dark chocolate to mix with Cool whip for a dark chocolate flavor.
- Be cautious when you melt chocolate chips to stir in between each heat cycle. Otherwise it can burn the chocolate.
- I used a square baking dish for this. You can double the recipe and use a 9×13 baking dish.
- Add on tiny bits of chopped candy bars, sprinkles, or even drizzle on chocolate. Just melt milk chocolate chips and then drizzle on top.
- Drizzle on some caramel sauce or you could mix in 1/3 cup to the filling.
- Make sure to allow the chocolate mixture to fully set up or it will not hold shape, especially dipped in the melted dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt once dipped.
Of course. Just use a sugar free Cool Whip and a sugar free chocolate candy to melt. Then follow the same directions.
No, you have to use a tub of Cool Whip for this candy recipe. The whipped cream will break down and not hold up when mixed with the chocolate.
Need more dessert recipes? Try these:
Have you tried this cool whip candy or any other recipe on my site? If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and drop a comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can also follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter, For more incredible recipes!
Easy Cool Whip Candy
- 23 oz milk chocolate chips
- 1 – 8 oz tub of cool whip thawed
- 1 cup dark chocolate melting chips
- Sprinkles assorted
- Melt milk chocolate chips in microwave and stir until smooth
- Cool at room temperature for 20 minutes
- Line 8×8 dish with parchment paper
- Fold cool whip into cooled chocolate until well combined
- Pour into prepared dish
- Freeze for 30 minutes then remove from dish and cut into approximately 30 pieces
- Place pieces on parchment paper line baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes
- Melt dark chocolate, dip pieces to cover, place on lined baking sheet, decorate with sprinkles
- Store in freezer until ready to serve & enjoy!