Maw Maw’s Southern peach cobbler with canned peaches is the perfect dessert recipe for all seasons. Peaches are tossed into a cinnamon and sugar mixture and topped with a buttery, flaky crust with a soft biscuity texture. This summer-filled dessert is easy to make, and it is great served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Maw Maw’s Southern peach cobbler with canned peaches is the best dessert recipe you will ever find. It has all of the best flavor profiles that are reminiscent of summer’s past, and it is so easy to make! This southern-style peach cobbler recipe features a buttery crust topped with fluffy biscuit dough, juicy canned peaches, and mouthwatering cinnamon sugar. The best part about this dish? It can be served any time of year because there are no fresh or frozen ingredients required!
With this recipe, you can enjoy your favorite summer fruit at any time of year. Peach cobbler makes a great dish for family reunions or potluck dinners because everyone loves it!
Why You’ll Love This Southern Peach Cobbler Recipe
- It’s fast and easy to make. You won’t sweat following this peach cobbler recipe. Even newbies in the kitchen can make this perfectly.
- It is an old-fashioned southern peach cobbler recipe. Its nostalgic taste will bring you back to your childhood summer memories.
- You don’t have to wait for summer to make a peach cobbler. This recipe uses canned peaches instead of fresh ones. You can now have this sweet dessert any time of the year.
- It’s a flexible dessert. You can eat it cold with vanilla ice cream on hot days, or you can eat it warm with a hot coffee on cold days.
Equipment Needed To Make Southern Style Peach Cobbler
For this recipe, you’ll need a 13×9 glass baking dish, a large bowl for mixing, and a few utensils! Talk about easy cleanup!
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Ingredients For Your Southern Style Peach Cobbler
- Ice cream for serving, if desired
How To Make the Best Ever Southern Peach Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place butter in 13×9 baking dish in oven to melt
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, and vanilla until well combined
- Pour over melted butter
- Spoon in peaches and juice
- For the topping stir together sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Sprinkle over peaches
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and bubbly
- Serve warm, with ice cream if desired, and enjoy!
What to Serve/Pair with Your Southern Style Peach Cobbler
On hot days, serve your southern-style peach cobbler cold. Then, top it off with your favorite vanilla ice cream. You can also add some crushed almonds or any nuts for added texture. Trust me; this dessert is refreshing and perfect for cool hot days.
On cold days, serve your southern-style peach cobbler warm. Pair it with your favorite coffee. Mine is a hot cappuccino. Warm cobbler and hot coffee is the perfect pair for cold winter nights.
Southern Style Peach Cobbler FAQs
What ice cream goes best with a peach cobbler?
Can I use fresh peaches?
Besides peach cobblers, are there other variations?
Other Baked Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- RUSTIC FRESH PEACH GALETTE
- EASY BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE RECIPE
- FRESH RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- LIGHT AND FRESH TRIPLE BERRY LAYER CAKE
- PAVLOVA WITH LEMON CURD AND FRESH BERRIES