Start your morning out with this savory Denver omelet! Loaded with diced ham, onions, peppers, and you can’t forget the cheese. A simple and easy breakfast recipe with eggs to fuel your body.
This egg omelet is very simple to make, and before you know it you can make restaurant quality omelets right in the comfort of your own home.
This Denver Omelet Recipe Is…
- Protein Packed
- Great Way To Start The Morning
- Customize With Ingredients Used
Ingredients You Need
- Diced Ham
- Salt and Pepper
Variations To Recipe
Here are a few changes you can make to this Denver Omelette. Now depending on the changes you might find that it isn’t called a Denver anymore but it will still be delicious.
- Meat – Swap the ham with cooked diced bacon, ground sausage, Canadian bacon, or even go meatless.
- Eggs – I used whole eggs but you could easily use egg whites only if you want.
- Vegetables – Toss in some diced mushrooms, garlic, or other ingredients. Even spinach would be a great option.
- Cheese – Any variety of cheese works for the omelette recipe. Sharp cheddar is tangy, pepper jack offers a kick of spice, and so on.
How to Make A Denver Omelet
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Step One: First add butter to a skillet on medium heat. Let the butter melt down.
Step Two: Next, add the ham and cook for a few minutes to sear to get a golden brown on it.
Step Three: Then you will toss in the veggies. You want to soften the veggies a bit then remove the meat and veggies from the pan.
Step Four: After that you will ad in the rest of the butter. Then pour in the egg mixture and cook as directed.
Step Five: When the egg is no longer liquid, add cheese and veggies with ham. Cook as directed, and then fold in half.
Tips For Making Omelettes
- Saute the veggies to help soften them up. It will bring out the flavor of the vegetables but also give them a softer texture. If you don’t saute the veggies will be raw and crunchy.
- If you over cook the eggs they can become a bit rubbery on the outside.
- To help melt the cheese you can place a lid on top of the pan for a minute to melt the cheese faster.
Don’t want to eat all the omelette right away? Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-3 days. Then reheat in the microwave when you are ready to eat.
The eggs will change in texture a bit once you reheat in the microwave.
What To Serve With An Omelet
- Mixed Fruit or Fruit Salad
- Hash browns or Roasted potatoes
- Toast or homemade bread with jam
- Acai Smoothie
Common Questions Asked
Omelets are a healthy breakfast option as you are loading up with protein and nutrients to fuel your body to take on the day. Now if you load it heavy with higher calorie items then it can take away some of the portion of it.
While these are both egg based recipes you will find the method on how they are cooked is the biggest difference. Omelets get folded and cooked at higher heat. Where a frittata is a mixture that is baked in the oven.
If you do not eat it all you can freeze the leftovers if you want. Place in an airtight container and freeze for 2-3 months. Then thaw in the fridge overnight before you plan to eat it.
If you have tried this recipe or any others on Kim Schob? Be kind & leave a comment and rating! Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Find me on Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter for more incredible recipes! or My Facebook Group!
- Place 1 Tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, add the ham and cook until lightly browned about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced onion and peppers and continue to cook until onions are translucent about 3 minutes.
- Season the veggies and ham before removing them to a clean plate.
- Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk for 1 minute until light and frothy.
- Once the butter is melted, pour in the egg mixture.
- As the eggs cook, use a spatula to clean the edges of the eggs of the omelet. Jiggle the pan around to evenly distribute the eggs and ensure they cook fully.
- Once the egg is no longer liquid, but still soft, sprinkle on the shredded cheese and place a large lid over the skillet to encourage the cheese to melt, about 1 minute.
- Scoop the vegetables and ham mixture onto half of the omelette and then use a spatula to fold the empty half of the omlette overtop.
- Continue to cook until omelette is well-browned on both sides, as desired
Leave a Reply