Oatmeal bars are one of my favorite snacks. They’re healthy, filling, and delicious. I especially love blueberry oatmeal bars because the blueberries add a tart sweetness that balances out the oatmeal. These bars are perfect for breakfast or a snack on the go. Plus, they’re really easy to make! You’ll love them.
I’m not sure what it is about oatmeal bars that makes them so irresistible. Is it the warm and gooey center? The crispy crust? Whatever the reason, these blueberry oatmeal bars are sure to be a hit with everyone in your family.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love These Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- Oatmeal bars are a perfect breakfast box treat or after-school snack.
- The ingredients in these blueberry oat bars make them a healthy choice for breakfast or snack time.
- These blueberry oatmeal bars can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oats recipe.
- Light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Flour or gluten-free flour
- Baking soda
- Rolled oats
- Vanilla extract
- Butter, softened
- Blueberry jam or pie filling
How to Make Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements!
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
Step Two: Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and oats.
Step Three: Stir or use hands to incorporate butter until the mixture is crumbly.
Step Four: Press 2 cups into the bottom of the baking dish.
Step Five: Evenly spread jam/pie filling to ¼ inch from edge.
Step Six: Sprinkle on the remaining crumb mixture and lightly press into filling.
Step Seven: Bake 30-40 minutes until light brown.
Step Eight: Cool, cut into bars, and serve.
Store these Blueberry Oatmeal Bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Feel free to substitute the rolled oats for a different kind of healthy whole grain like steel-cut oats or quinoa.
- Instead of lining the pan with parchment paper, you can also use a non-stick baking spray. I don’t recommend using cooking spray only baking spray.
- Bake until your topping is golden brown.
Substitutions and Additions
- Feel free to swap out the butter with coconut oil if desired in these Blueberry Oat Bars.
- You can use whatever fruit jam or pie filling you prefer. Try raspberry, cherry, pineapple, apricot preserves… The list goes on!
- You are welcome to get creative with these blueberry oatmeal bars by adding other toppings like chopped walnuts or almonds to the crust.
Blueberry Oatmeal Bars FAQs
Or you can double the recipe and bake them in a 9×13 pan or casserole dish.
Yes, these bars can be made ahead of time up to one week ahead of time.
They can also be frozen for up to three months.
More Great Breakfast Recipes You Will Love
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes
- Fruit Filled Waffle Taco
- Copycat Starbucks Cream Cheese Danish
- See all our breakfast recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! For more easy, delicious homemade recipes!
Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper
- Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and oats
- Stir or use hands to incorporate butter until the mixture is crumbly
- Press 2 cups into bottom of baking dish
- Evenly spread jam/pie filling to ¼ inch from edge
- Sprinkle on remaining crumb mixture and lightly press into filling
- Bake 30-40 minutes until light brown
- Cool, cut into bars and serve