Did you know you can make Jolly Rancher Vodka? It is so easy to infuse vodka and give it that flavor punch of fruity flavors from your favorite Jolly Ranchers. Whip up this Jolly Rancher Vodka recipe, then use it for making cocktails or take it as a shot to get the party started!
Vodka is an alcohol that is so versatile in mixing into cocktails or even your favorite jello shots recipe. Adding this fruity vodka recipe to your arsenal just elevates the types of cocktails you can whip up for your friends and family.
Let me share a few more of my favorite vodka recipes with you to try out. Whip up these Skittles jello shots, they are a fruity flavor as well. Or these Blue Kamikaze are a fun shot to whip up and use just three ingredients.
Table of Contents
What is Jolly Rancher Vodka?
Jolly Rancher vodka is literally vodka that has Jolly Ranchers in it that melt down and infuse the vodka with that sweet and fruit flavor. It is a delicious and sweet vodka that is going to be great for sipping on, mixing in cocktails, or take shots of your favorite vodka flavors.
Why this recipe works
- Made with 2 ingredients. All you need is vodka and Jolly Ranchers.
- You can pick and choose any flavor of Jolly Ranchers you want.
- The flavored vodka gets more flavorful with the longer it sits. So for a richer flavor, let it sit.
- Pour over ice, mix into your favorite cocktail recipe, or even just shoot it plain. No matter what it is delicious.
What’s in this Jolly Rancher Vodka Recipe
- Jolly Ranchers – Pick and choose your favorite Jolly Ranchers. You will want 10 of the same Jolly Ranchers for 14 ounces of vodka.
- Vodka – Reach for a plain vodka with no added flavor. Any brand works for this recipe.
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
How To Make
- Unwrap the Jolly Ranchers and place them in the bottom of a jar. (Photos 1 & 2)
- Fill the jar with vodka, where the threads start on a 16-ounce mason jar. (Photo 4)
- Seal the jar and place in a cool, dry place for at least 1 week. You want the Jolly Ranchers to dissolve.
- After 3-4 days, give the mixture a shake.
- Once the Jolly Ranchers are dissolved, you can store the vodka in the pantry or in the fridge to use as you would like. (Photo 5)
- You can pick and choose any flavor of candies. Just make sure you use the same flavor of candy for the jar. Feel free to make different jars of vodka.
- Glass jars are best as they will not react to the vodka in the jar. If you use plastic or other reactive containers, it can affect the flavor.
- You can run the vodka through a fine mesh sieve a few times once the candy has melted. This will provide an extra smooth texture.
Store your vodka on the counter until the Jolly Ranchers are fully melted. Once the candy is melted you can then keep it on the counter or store it in the fridge. Just make sure the vodka is stored in a sealed container.
The vodka can store for around 2-3 months easily if not longer. Just know that the longer it sits the more the flavors can infuse with the vodka.
Add in jello and consider transforming it into a Jello shot for a fun party option. Use this vodka jello shot recipe as the base and then use the flavored vodka in replace of plain vodka. Mix the vodka with lemonade for a fruity twist to your classic lemonade drink.
Or pour a plain glass of lemon-lime soda and then add in your vodka to taste and enjoy. You can elevate it more with a simple syrup if you want it sweeter.
You will want to allow at least 2-3 days minimum or up to a week for a long wait. The longer the vodka sits, the stronger the flavor becomes.
The quality of the vodka will affect the end result. So reach for a good flavored vodka as the base. But any brand works.
Crushing the Jolly Ranchers before you put them in the jar will help speed up the dissolving process. Just know it won’t be as strong at first but you for sure can drink once the candies are dissolved.
Need more fruity recipes? Try these:
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Jolly Rancher Vodka
- Mason Jars (click for our favorite) (16-Ounce )
- 10 Jolly Ranchers of the Same Color
- 14-16 Ounces Vodka
- Unwrap the candies and place them in the bottom of your jar. You will want to use all the same flavors of Jolly Ranchers.10 Jolly Ranchers of the Same Color
- Fill the jar up to the top of the jar, where the threads start on the mason jar.14-16 Ounces Vodka
- Place the lid on and leave on your counter. After 3-4 days you can shake the jar a bit to mix up the flavor.
- Let the vodka sit for 7 days to infuse. You can drink it sooner, but the longer the vodka sits the stronger the flavor.
- You can strain through a coffe filter or fine mesh sieve to remove any of the pieces of Jolly Ranchers that doesn't dissolve.
- Storing – You can store it on the counter or once the Jolly Ranchers are dissolved then store them in the fridge. This vodka can last for months.
- Flavor – Any flavor of Jolly Ranchers’ work. Feel free to try out a handful. Or mix two types of flavors together to make the vodka even sweeter.
- Sweetness – If you find 10 Jolly Ranchers are too sweet then simply use less for that amount of vodka. Play around with the recipe and see if you can find the right number of candies.
- Recipes including or referencing alcohol are intended for adult consumption only (21+). Drink responsibly!
Get 3 FREE Conversion charts + Bonus!
When you subscribe to the latest updates, recipes, and content.