Skittles jello shots are a sweet vodka jello shots recipe that are bursting with flavor. You will use Skittle jello to get your favorite jello flavor. Top with a dollop of whipped cream for a delicious jelly shot for you and your friends.
There are endless jello shot flavors you can choose from, but my new favorite is the Skittle’s flavored jello shots.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- Simple ingredients are used to make these easy jello shots.
- Vodka is used to make jello shots, but you can always change it up.
- Use any flavor of jello for this recipe, you will find they have a variety of flavors to choose from.
- Party approved for a crowd.
- Vodka – Any quality vodka you like.
- Water – Filtered water is best.
- Whipped cream – Canned whipped cream works great.
- Skittles – Any variety of Skittles work classic to tropical.
- Jello – Skittles flavored jello works great.
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
How To Make
- Boil 1 1/2 cups of water. Stir in the Skittles Jello. Mix in 1 1/2 cups of vodka. (Photo 1)
- Pour the mixture into condiment cups. (Photo 2)
- Place the cups in the refrigerator until the Jello is solid.
- Top each cup with whipped cream. (Photo 3)
- Garnish each cup with a Skittle. (Photo 4)
- Instead of water, you can use fruit juice or soda to add more flavor to the Jello shots.
- If you don’t want to use vodka, you can try substituting it with rum, tequila, or any other type of alcohol you prefer.
- To make the Jello shots more colorful, you can add food coloring to the mixture.
- You can experiment with different flavors of Jello to create a variety of Jello shots.
- If you want to make the Jello shots creamier, you can add a can of condensed milk to the mixture before adding the alcohol.
- To make the Jello shots healthier, you can use sugar-free Jello and substitute whipped cream with Greek yogurt or coconut cream.
- To make the Jello shots more festive, you can add edible glitter, sprinkles, or fruit pieces as a garnish.
- You can also add a splash of lemon or lime juice to the mixture to give it a citrusy kick.
Store the jello shots in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. You will find that if you add the whipped cream on it will melt down in the fridge. Wait to top with whipped cream and Skittles before serving.
What To Serve With Skittles Jello
- Mini cocktails: Set up a mini cocktail bar with mixers, garnishes, and small bottles of alcohol so guests can create their own cocktails to enjoy with the jello shots.
- Non-alcoholic beverages: Offer non-alcoholic drinks like water, soda, or juice for guests who prefer not to drink alcohol or need to stay hydrated.
- Desserts: Serve sweet treats like cookies, cupcakes, or brownies to balance out the sweetness of the jello shots.
- Party games: Plan fun party games like trivia, charades, or board games to keep the party going and the guests entertained.
Yes, you can use sugar-free gelatin to make vodka jello shots for a lower calorie option. Just be aware that sugar-free gelatin may not set as firmly as regular gelatin, so you may need to experiment with the amount of water used. Also, keep in mind that the alcohol content in the shots remains the same regardless of the type of gelatin used.
The number of vodka jello shots it takes to get drunk varies depending on a person’s weight, metabolism, and tolerance for alcohol. It’s generally recommended to limit alcohol consumption to one to two drinks per hour and to drink water or non-alcoholic beverages in between.
Vodka jello shots can vary in strength depending on the amount of vodka used in the recipe. A typical recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of vodka to 2 cups of boiling water and two 3 oz. packages of flavored gelatin. This amount of vodka is usually enough to make the shots moderately strong.
Need more jello shots recipes? Try these:
- Mardi Gras Jello Shots
- 35 New Year’s Eve Jello Shots
- Mojito Jello Shots
- See all our Jello Shot Recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Printable Recipe Card
Skittle’s Jello Shot
- 1 ½ Cups (360 g) Vodka
- 1 ½ Cups (354 ⅞ g) Water
- Whipped Cream
- Condiment Cups
- 3.89 oz (110 2/7 g) Skittles Jello
- Boil 1½ cups of water in a pot.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in a packet of Skittles flavored gelatin.
- Add 1 ½ cups of vodka to the mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into individual condiment cups or shot glasses, leaving a little space at the top.
- Place the cups in the refrigerator and allow them to chill until the jello has set and is firm to the touch.
- Once the jello has set, add a dollop of whipped cream to the top of each cup.
- Garnish the jello shots with a Skittle on top of the whipped cream.
- Cheers and enjoy responsibly!
- Flavor of Jello – I used a Skittle flavored Jello but you can use any flavor of Jello you would like.
- Vodka – Any flavor of vodka works, but you will find that you can use flavored jello to enhance the flavor with a whipped cream vodka, lemonade vodka, etc.
- Topping – You can top the jello with sliced fruit, sprinkles, or other items if you want.