Sloppy joe casserole is a whole family casserole that is bursting with flavor. Sloppy joe mix, ground beef, rotini pasta, and topped with diced biscuits. This recipe gets thrown into a casserole dish and baked to golden cheesy perfection. Grab a spoon and dish up an instant family favorite recipe.
The ground beef mixture is so easy to throw together. This delicious casserole gives you all the flavors of sloppy joes, tender pasta, and of course bread from the biscuits. It is a comfort food meal.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this sloppy joe bake
- One of Our Favorite Casserole Recipes
- Easy Dinners The Whole Family Enjoys
- Easy Twist to A Classic Dinner
- Pasta Bake
- Must Make Weeknight Dinner
Ingredients for sloppy joe casserole
- Pasta – I used rotini pasta for this recipe. You will want to cook till al dente.
- Cooked Hamburger – You will want to crumble your ground beef in a skillet.
- Sloppy Joe Mix – Reach for your favorite sloppy joe mix; Manwich is a great one.
- Seasonings – Garlic and onion powder are what I used to add extra flavors.
- Cheese- Velveeta cheese is what I reached for as it offers an ultra creamy texture.
- Biscuits – Canned refrigerated biscuits are what you will want. Then just dice up and place on top of the casserole.
How To Make Sloppy Joe Casserole
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements!
- Cook your ground beef until no longer pink. Then add in the seasonings, sloppy joe mix, and cooked pasta.
- Mix well and pour into the baking dish. Top with the cubes of Velveeta cheese.
- Cut the biscuits and place on top of the casserole. Bake as directed.
Best Way to Store Leftovers
Refrigerate the pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container.
Now you can freeze any leftovers if you want. Just know the pasta will soften a bit once you go to thaw and reheat it. You can freeze it for 2-3 months, then thaw in the fridge overnight. Or reheat straight from frozen.
Variations To Recipe
Here is the ultimate comfort food, but you will find you can change up this easy casserole. Here are a few simple ingredients to change up the recipe.
- You can use a lean ground beef if you want, or swap it out with ground turkey. Cook the meat mixture all the way until it is done.
- Change out the Velveeta cheese with any other shredded cheddar cheese instead. Just do a single layer on top of the grown ground beef and manwich sauce.
- Instead of pasta top with tater tots and make this into a sloppy joe tater tot casserole instead. Cook until the crispy tater tots are golden brown.
- Add in some red bell pepper, green bell pepper, or diced onion to the mixture.
- Swap the ground beef with ground chicken meat.
- Mix in some drained green beans or even corn for added flavor.
You want the sloppy joe casserole to be cooked all the way through. The biggest thing is to look at the biscuits on top. Make sure they are cooked through, and the cheese is melted. Then serve up the delicious sloppy joe casserole!
If you are planning this for dinner parties, make a double batch. Use a larger baking dish or reach for two 9×13 pans.
What to serve with this sloppy joe bake
Pair with a crisp side salad, garlic bread, or your favorite side dish of vegetables. This is kind of a meal in one, but feel free to pair it with any other sides.
Need more main dish recipes? Try these:
Have you tried this Sloppy Joe Casserole or any other recipe on my site? If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and drop a comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can also follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter, For more incredible recipes!
Sloppy Joe Casserole
- 8 oz. of Prepared Rotini Pasta
- 1 lb. of Cooked Hamburger
- 1 can of Sloppy Joe Mix
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 8 oz. of Velveeta Cheese cubed
- 1 can of Biscuits
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Start by adding your prepared hamburger, sloppy joe mix, onion powder, garlic powder, and pasta to a greased casserole dish.
- Mix until well combined and spread out evenly.
- Top with cubed cheese.
- Open your biscuits and cut each biscuit in half, and then in half once more.
- Add your cut biscuits to the top.
- Bake at 350 °F degrees for a half hour. Then cover with foil and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until biscuits are done.
- Serve and enjoy!