Summer time means that it’s time for layered jello shots! If you’re a Hulk fan, this recipe is the perfect way to make different layers for a fun drink option! Don’t save this recipe for a holiday party – this classic jello shot is meant to be made right now to enjoy!
The summer holidays are the perfect time to make jello layers that are full of alcoholic taste! The next time that you’re looking for a sweet treat, this jello shot recipe is so much fun.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love these Green Jello Shots topped with cool whip
- You can easily change up the flavor of these easy jello shots. You can make a blue jello shot recipe, a white jello mixture, or even add some strawberry jello for a fun look!
- It’s easy to make the purple coloring by mixing the blue jello mix with some red jello mix!
- This recipe fits perfectly in plastic shot glasses for ease of consumption!
Recipes and Articles including or referencing alcohol are intended for adult consumption only (21+). Drink responsibly!
Purple Layer – (the second layer)
- Grape Jello – Perfect for the dark purple coloring.
- Boiling water – This needs to be hot so that the jello dissolves.
- Chilled Hennessy – You can also use coconut rum or even cold vodka as well.
Green layer – (the first layer)
- Lime Green Jello – This has such a great flavor.
- Boiling water – Super important to make the hot gelatin mixture.
- Hypnotiq – You can also add 1 cup vodka or any other type of alcohol.
- Whipped cream – Add maraschino cherries on top for fun!
How To Make Hulk Jello Shots
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
For the Purple Layer
Step One: Mix purple jello powder with 1.25 cups of boiling water and stir until dissolved. Add the Hennessy liquor and mix to combine.
Step Two: Pour purple jello into the shot cups filling 1/2 of the way full. Refrigerate for 60 minutes
For the Green Layer
Step Three: Mix lime jello powder with 1.25 cups of hot water and stir until dissolved. Add the Hpnotiq and mix until combined.
Step Four: Pour green jello on top of the purple layer until full. Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
How to Store
The best way to store Jell-O shots is to keep them cool in the fridge. It’s important for each layer of jello to stay cool!
Best to consume within 2 days of making them.
Patriotic sprinkles or any colored sprinkles are always a good idea. You can add whipped cream or anything that you’d like.
All you need are plastic or glass shot glasses, and they’re ready for your next party! A July party or any summer party is the perfect time for this treat.
Yes, you can add a white layer, blue layer, or red layer as well! Just make sure to get the flavors of jello that you want to add the color in.
Other Cocktail Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Sparkling Summer Blackberry Basil Cocktail
- Refreshing Bohemian Cocktail Recipe
- See all our beverages!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Hulk Layered Jello Shots
- 3 ounces (85 g) grape jello
- 1½ cups (354 ⅞ g) boiling water
- 1 cup (236 ⅗ g) chilled Hennessy
- 3 ounces (85 g) lime green jello
- 1½ cup (354 ⅞ g) boiling water
- 1 cup (236 ⅗ g) Hypnotiq
- whipped cream
- Mix purple jello powder with 1¼ cups of boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add the Hennessy liquor and mix to combine.
- Pour purple jello into the shot cups filling ½ of the way full.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Mix lime jello powder with 1¼ cups of hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Add the Hpnotiq and mix until combined.
- Pour green jello on top of the purple layer until full.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes.