Move over pumpkin spice there is a new fall flavor in town! This caramel apple dump cake is a game changer in the world of dump cakes! A spice cake paired with apple pie filling and caramel nibs. Every bite is bursting with fall flavors and is loaded with caramel apple flavor.
Instead of a caramel sauce, I used caramel bits, they are little caramel round balls, and boy, are they delicious. Now I used a spice cake mix to really enhance the warm spices of this easy dessert. This is an easy recipe and pairs great with whipped cream or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you are a lover of dump cakes, I have more for you. Try my blueberry dump cake or this pumpkin dump cake recipe.
Ingredients for caramel apple dump cake
- Apple Pie Filling – I used can pie filling for this cake to make it super simple.
- Cinnamon – Add in some cinnamon for an extra dash of warm spice.
- Caramel Nibs – You can buy these in the baking aisle next to the chocolate chips.
- Walnuts – These add a nice crunch to the cake.
- Spice Cake Mix – So I used a spice cake mix, but you are more than welcome to swap it out with a different flavor of cake.
- Butter – You will want to use real butter, not margarine.
How To Make
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
- Step One: Preheat the oven and grease your 9×13 baking pan.
- Step Two: Place the apple pie filling in the bottom of the cake pan. Spread out the pie filling.
- Step Three: Sprinkle cinnamon over the top of the fruit. Do a little bit, not a ton of cinnamon.
- Step Four: Layer your caramel nibs and walnuts over the top.
- Step Five: Next, you will spread the spice cake over the top in an even layer. Use your hand to spread it out.
- Step Six: Pour melted butter over the cake, and bake as directed. Once done, spoon up the cake.
Storing Leftover Cake
If you have any leftovers of this crowd pleaser easy cake, simply place in an airtight container. Then store the cake for up to 4-5 days in the fridge. You can eat the leftover dump cake cold or warm it up in the microwave.
You can also freeze the cake if you want. Just place in a freezer friendly container and freeze for 2-3 months. Then thaw in the fridge overnight.
Variations To Recipe
- Drizzle on dulce de leche instead of caramel nibs
- Chop up soft soft caramels and place on top of the apples if you want instead of the nibs.
- Drizzle an ice cream caramel sauce over the cake for extra caramel for serving.
- Swap out the apple pie filling with another type of pie filling.
- Serve with butter pecan ice cream or caramel ice cream for added flavor.
- Instead of cinnamon use apple pie spice.
Frequently Asked Questions
No you do not mix the cake at all. The beauty of a dump cake is that you will dump the ingredients into the pan and bake.
Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix you would like. The spice cake adds a lot of flavor but you can use any flavor of cake mix you prefer.
Need more easy dessert recipes? Try these:
- Cinnamon Twists
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Cups
- Apple Tart
- See all our dessert recipes in one spot.
Have you tried this Caramel Apple Dump Cake or any other recipe on my site? If so, please leave a star ★★★★★ rating and drop a comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can also follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter, For more incredible recipes!
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup caramel nibs
- ¾ cup walnuts chopped
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 2 sticks butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 13×9 baking dish with nonstick spray
- Pour pie filling in bottom of dish
- Sprinkle on cinnamon
- Layer caramel nibs and walnuts
- Evenly sprinkle on cake mix
- Spoon on melted butter making sure it is evenly distributed and most of the surface is moist
- Bake 40-45 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly before serving
This looks like the perfect (and easy) dessert to make this fall. Can’t wait to try it!
This is such a tasty and easy dessert! Perfect for this time of year. So cozy!
This apple dessert is so beautiful and tasty! Also it’s easy to prepare. Yum!
I love dump cake recipes! So easy. This one is delicious! I had it with coffee for breakfast (don’t tell my kids!)