Everyone knows that Crumbl cookies are the best cookies to buy – so why not recreate these gourmet cookies right at home? You’ll love making your own Crumbl Blue Monster cookie recipe! That first bite will have you gobbling up a plate of these soft cookies!
These big cookies are perfect for anyone who loves the combination of a milk chocolate chip cookie topped with blue vanilla frosting (and don’t forget the mini cookie on top!)
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy these Cookie Monster Donuts to go along with that tasty monster theme!
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love these Copycat Crumbl Blue Monster Cookies
- It’s one of the best Crumbl cookie recipes there is!
- The blue frosting makes it easy to turn this into a blue monster cookie for the kids!
- The large cookies are perfect for any inner cookie fanatic!
- unsalted sweet cream butter – Make sure that it’s softened and unsalted. Using salted will add too much of a salty flavor.
- Light brown sugar – When measuring, make sugar to pack it to get all that good brown sugar cookie flavor.
- Eggs – Large eggs tend to work best.
- Pure vanilla extract – Adding pure vanilla flavor is always a good idea when baking.
- Flour – Use your favorite brand of flour. I prefer using all-purpose flour.
- Cornstarch – This ingredient is a fun twist – and an important one!
- Baking powder – Gives this fun cookie a light and fluffy texture.
- Kosher salt – Omit if you use salted butter.
- Mini chocolate chips – You can use any type of milk chocolate chips.
- Chocolate chip cookies, crushed – Make the cookie pieces a manageable size.
- Powdered sugar – This helps to make the blue icing thick and sweet.
- Heavy whipping cream – Heavy cream gives the frosting a richness.
- Sky blue gel food color – Blue cookies are just so much fun to make and eat!
- Mini chocolate chip cookies – These sit on top of the main cookies.
- Crushed cookies – These are for the cookie crumbles on top.
How To Make Blue Crumble Monster Cookies
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements!
- Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- Step Two: Using a standing mixer, beat the brown sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla until combined, smooth and fluffy.
- Step Three: Using a small bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt until combined. Gradually beat the flour into the wet until a dough has formed.
- Step Four: Fold in the mini chocolate chips and the crushed cookies
- Step Five: Use a medium ice cream scooper and scoop out some cookie dough and roll it into a ball
- Step Six: Weigh the cookie dough ball to 2.5oz; that way, you get even-sized cookies when they bake
- Step Seven: Bake the cookies for 13-16 minutes or until light golden brown
- Step Eight: Remove and allow to cool completely
- Step Nine: Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until combined, smooth, and hold a peak
- Step Ten: Beat in a few drops of the sky blue gel food coloring until combined.
- Step Eleven: Scoop the frosting into the piping bags
- Step Twelve: Start from the center of the cookie, and pipe a thick ring of frosting to the edge of the cookie. Sprinkle some of the crushed cookies on top, and place a mini cookie in the center
How to store
For the best results, store these delicious cookies in an airtight container. They can be kept at room temperature on in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Substitutions or Variations
Use Oreo cookies – You can change up from using Chips Ahoy cookies and use Oreo cookies instead to have in the middle and crumble on top!
You sure can! If you’re a sesame street fan, just add some eyes and use the blood food coloring with the frosting to make the cookie monster fur! Decorate these cookies any way that you want.
The best way to be sure that the cookies are done baking in the oven is to look at the edges. The edges of the cookie and the top should be golden brown.
More Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake In A Jar
- Red Velvet Spider Cookies (with chocolate chips!)
- Mexican Shortbread Cookies
- See all our dessert recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! For more easy, delicious homemade recipes!
Delicious Crumbl Blue Monster Cookie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 °F degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- Using a standing mixer, beat the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until combined, smooth and fluffy
- Using a small bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt until combined
- Gradually beat in the flour into the wet until a dough has formed
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and the crushed cookies
- Use a medium ice cream scooper and scoop out some cookie dough and roll into a ball
- Weigh the cookie dough ball to 2.5oz that way you get even sized cookies when they bake (optional)
- Bake the cookies for 13-16 minutes or until a light golden brown
- Remove and allow to cool completely
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy whipping cream until combined, smooth and holds a peak
- Beat in a few drops of the sky blue gel food coloring until combined
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bags
- Start from the center of the cookie, pipe a thick ring of frosting to the edge of the cookie
- Sprinkle some of the crushed cookies on top and place the mini cookie in the middle of the larger cookie