This Homemade Baileys Irish Cream is a quick and easy recipe. Then you can have your own homemade Irish cream for eggnogs, coffee drinks, or mixed drinks.
What is Baileys? It is a sweet cream-based liqueur that is popular in many North American drinks, including coffee. It also has a history of being served at Christmas time.
Why you should make this Homemade Irish Cream recipe
- Save money – this Homemade Baileys Irish Cream will cost less per cup than the store bought verision.
- You can control the amount of alcohol in this homemade mix – if you wish to change it up simply omit or reduce the amount of booze.
- Easy to make – This recipe makes it easy to make your own you control the flavor.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Apple Shine Sangria recipe.
- Irish Whiskey (Jameson)
- Half and half cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cold brew coffee or espresso shots
- Chocolate sauce
- Vanilla extract
- Measuring cup
How to Make Homemade Baileys Irish Cream
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Mix all ingredients in a pitcher, or a bowl.
Stir or shake together, but do not mix with a blender. Enjoy over ice.
Keep refrigerated after mixing in an airtight container. This homemade Bailey’s can be stored for up to 10 days.
- To serve you can pour it over ice, or even mix into eggnog. You can also enjoy it on its own.
- Don’t use a blender to combine this drink. Use a shaker or a spoon to mix.
- I also don’t recommend using a whisk for this homemade Baileys recipe because you don’t want to froth it.
- You can use any Irish whiskey you’d like for this homemade Baileys. However, I recommend Jameson.
- If you don’t want to add coffee, substitute cold brew espresso shots instead.
Substitutions and Variations
- Sugar – you can use a sugar in the raw if desired.
- Cow’s milk or coconut milk – either will work, but cow’s milk has a thicker consistency and richer flavor.
- Almond milk – if using this ingredient you will need to add an extra 1/4 cup of half and half cream to offset the consistency difference.
- If you want more sweetness in your drink- add an additional tablespoon of chocolate sauce.
- If you do not want chocolate and coffee notes, don’t use cold brew espresso shots use regular cold coffee instead.
Recipes including or referencing alcohol are intended for adult consumption only (21+). Drink responsibly!
Homemade Baileys Irish Cream FAQs
I don’t recommend storing this in the freezer, as the dairy in it can separate.
Yes! This is a great way to enjoy this drink.
You can use any type of coffee you like. Strong or dark are both good options. I like to use cold brew.
More Beverage Recipes You May Enjoy
Homemade Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 ⅓ cup Irish Whiskey Jameson
- 1 ⅓ cup Half and half cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tbsp cold brew coffee or espresso shots
- 2 tbsp chocolate sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients in a pitcher, or a bowl.
- Stir or shake together, but do not mix with a blender. Enjoy over ice.