Flavorful, quick, and easy to make! Your family will love this homemade ranch seasoning mix so much better than the store-bought kind!
Don’t you hate when you start cooking a recipe only to find out that you’re missing a ranch packet? With this easy ranch seasoning mix, you’ll never have to worry about that again! This mix is flavorful and versatile, so you can use it for all sorts of recipes.
Why you should make this Ranch Seasoning
- Budget-friendly – No need to buy pricey packets, use this homemade ranch dressing mix instead.
- Easy to make – It only takes five minutes to whip up a large batch of this ranch dressing mix.
- Versatile – Perfect for salads, chicken tenders, and more!
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Homemade Cuban Seasoning recipe.
What You Need To Make This Ranch Seasoning Recipe
- powdered buttermilk
- dill weed
- onion powder
- minced onion
- garlic powder
- mixing bowl
How to Make Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Store in an air-tight container.
Use in place of store-bought ranch seasoning mix in recipes to make dressings, dips, and more.
Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Be sure to keep the lid tightly on your ranch dressing mix to keep it fresh.
- Don’t store your ranch seasoning mix in the fridge, as this will cause clumping.
- Most ranch packets contain two tablespoons so you will need to use tablespoons of this homemade mix when a recipe calls for a packet.
Substitutions and Variations
- Add in a 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic to this mix for an extra garlic flavor.
- Add in 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to make a spicy ranch seasoning mix.
- If you are dairy-free, you can use a dairy-free powdered milk substitute in this recipe.
- Make a low-sodium version of ranch seasoning mix by omitting the salt or using a lower-sodium salt.
Ranch Seasoning FAQs
Mix together 3/4 cup buttermilk, 3/4 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons mayo, and 2 tablespoons of this ranch seasoning mix in a bowl or jar. Store in the fridge for up to one week.
Yes, this mix is perfect for casseroles, pot roasts, or anything else that you need a ranch packet for.
Yes, you can use freeze-dried chives in this recipe.
More Seasoning Recipes You May Enjoy
Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Use in place of store-bought ranch seasoning mix in recipes to make dressings, dips, and more.