Here is a frozen watermelon aqua Fresca recipe! Made with fresh watermelon, ice, water, and some sugar. A simple drink ready to rehydrate and fuel you. Give this blended frozen aqua Fresca recipe a try.
If you love watermelon you might be searching for the perfect summer drink. This Fresca with watermelon is one of my favorites as it is perfectly sweet.
Table of Contents
What is a frozen watermelon agua fresca?
A frozen watermelon agua Fresca is an ice-blended watermelon drink that is made with ice, water, watermelon, and sugar. The ingredients come together for a light and crave-worthy drink.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- Made with fresh watermelon.
- Loaded with nutrients and vitamins from the watermelon.
- A sweet drink for kids and adults to sip.
- Great for a summer cookout or a pool party drink.
- Add in some booze to create a boozy watermelon drink.
What’s in a Watermelon Agua Fresca Slush
- Watermelon – You will want to reach for bright-colored watermelon that is sweet in flavor. Remove the rind and white part of the watermelon.
- Ice – The ice is going to give the drink a slush-like consistency.
- Water – Filtered water is recommended so it doesn’t alter the flavor of the watermelon.
- Sugar – Sweeten up the watermelon water drink with some granulated sugar. It will enhance the natural sweetness of the watermelon.
- Mint – This is optional but will add a nice minty flavor as you sip on your watermelon aqua.
How To Make
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements!
- Add ingredients to the blender except for mint. (Photos 1,2,3 & 4)
- Blend until the watermelon is liquified and no longer pieces. This takes 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into a glass and serve right away.
Expert Tip: You can blend first with water, sugar, and watermelon. Strain to remove seeds and any watermelon pieces. Then add back into the blender with ice and blend to make a smooth texture.
Do I Need A Blender?
Yes, you need a blender for this recipe. Make sure it is a high-speed blender; otherwise, your Fresca Aqua will not reach the correct consistency.
- A ripe watermelon is needed for this recipe. Otherwise, it will lack flavor.
- Go ahead and use a sugar alternative if you want. Honey, agave, or other substitutes would be welcome. Just sweeten to your preference. Or leave the sugar out.
- Add other fruit, like watermelon, honeydew, etc., to the drink for layers of flavor.
- The sugar will help to create a nice creamy slush texture with the ice, so I do recommend granulated sugar.
- Leave out ice if you don’t want to make it a frozen Fresca.
Since this is a frozen drink, you will want to serve it right after you blend it up. Otherwise, the ice melts, and the water downs the watermelon flavor.
If you happen to have extra, you can refrigerate the leftovers for 2-3 days.
Or you can freeze any leftovers you have in ice cube trays or popsicle molds. Use the ice cube trays for spa water or eat as a popsicle. They will freeze for 3-4 months.
Pair your frozen aqua watermelon Fresca with dinner! Make fish tacos and top them with this black bean and corn salsa. Or serve along with this fresh chunky salsa and chips. The drink will cool down your mouth from the spicy salsa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Watermelon contains lycopene and cucurbitacin E, which are both said to help reduce the risk of cancer. Watermelon is very hydrating and loaded with a mix of vitamins like A, B6, C, and more.
Yes, if you have a watermelon that you have frozen, go right ahead and toss it in the blender to use. The flavor will not be as bold but still delicious.
Add a splash of lime juice to balance the flavor and a splash of citrus. You can add as much or as little as you would like.
Need more fruit-flavored recipes? Try these:
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Frozen Watermelon Aqua Fresca
- 4 Cups Ice
- 2 Cups Watermelon chopped
- 1 Cup Water
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- Small Watermelon Wedges optional garnish
- Mint Sprigs optional garnish
- Add ice, diced watermelon, and sugar along with water to blender. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until ice is no longer in chunks.4 Cups Ice, 2 Cups Watermelon, ⅓ Cup Sugar, 1 Cup Water
- Pour into a glass and top with a wedge of watermelon and mint if you would like.Small Watermelon Wedges, Mint Sprigs
- Frozen watermelon can be used, but it won’t have as strong a flavor.
- The sugar is used to help give you that slushie texture with the ice. Otherwise, the ice can clump. But feel free to use a different sugar substitute if you want.
- Add in some lime juice or other fruit for added flavor.
- A high-speed blender is needed. Otherwise, it won’t crush the ice the way you want.