If you are wanting a touch of the Irish, whip up these filled Lucky Charms cupcakes! A green cupcake that is stuffed full of Lucky Charms Marshmallows and top with your favorite frosting and an extra sprinkle of festive sprinkles. These cereal cupcakes are irresistible.
This is the perfect St. Patrick’s Day cupcake recipe to try out. I am a lover of the crunchy and sweet marshmallows that give this cupcake an incredible flavor.
Step by step instructions plus photos see below!
Table of Contents
Why You Will Love This St. Patrick’s Day Dessert
- Made with Boxed Cake Mix (can use homemade if you want)
- Filled centers
- Made with Lucky Charms Marshmallows
- Fun St. Patrick’s Day Dessert
- Kid Friendly
Ingredients You Will Need
- Box Cake Mix
- Green Food Coloring
- Lucky Charms Marshmallows
- Frosting Of Choice
- St. Patrick’s Day Sprinkles
- Gold Edible Glitter
How to Make Lucky Charms Cupcakes
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
Step One: Mix up and bake your cupcakes as directed on the box. I did add green food coloring to my cupcakes, but this is an optional step.
Step Two: Next, let the cupcakes fully cool. Then you will use a spoon to carve out the centers of the cupcakes. (Photo 1)
Step Three: Fill the centers with the Lucky Charms marshmallows. (Photo 2)
Step Four: Next pip on your frosting, and add sprinkles of choice and edible glitter for a St. Patty’s day cupcake theme. (Photos 3 & 4)
Variations To Cupcakes
- Use any flavor of cake mix you want.
- Or opt for a homemade cake mix recipe to use.
- Color your frosting green for even more festive St. Patty’s day feel.
- Swap the sprinkles out with Lucky Charms marshmallows.
- Fill the cupcakes with sprinkles or St. Patty’s Day candy instead of marshmallows.
When To Serve Up The Cupcakes
These cupcakes are so fun and are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day but don’t box these cupcakes in. Serve up these cereal cupcakes when you do breakfast for dinner. Or you can do these cupcakes for a birthday party if you are looking for a lucky theme.
These cupcakes can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. These cupcakes will last for around 3-5 days on the counter. You will find they begin to dry out after a few days. I always recommend eating them within the first 2 days of making.
In terms of freezing, you can freeze cupcakes for 3-4 months in a proper container. Thaw on the counter and then enjoy the cupcakes later!
Lucky Charms Cupcakes FAQs
You can buy just the marshmallows if you don’t want to buy a box of cereal. But, also know you can buy a box of cereal and pick out some of the marshmallows if you want. It takes just a few minutes to do.
Take a toothpick and stick it in the center of the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean of wet batter, the cupcakes are done baking. Then place on a cooling rack and allow the cupcakes to fully cool.
You can just eat the cupcake that you removed to fill your centers of the cupcakes. Or you can crumble the cupcake and add a little frosting, and roll it into balls. Then dip in a chocolate candy melt to make cake bites or put on a stick for a cake pop.
More Delicious Desserts
Here are more tasty desserts just like my favorite lucky charms dessert you see here. Whip these up for guests or your family soon.
- French Silk Brownies
- Lemon Lime Soda Cupcakes
- Cheesecake On A Stick
- Mocha Chocolate Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spice Frosting
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and X (Twitter)! for the latest updates, recipes, and content.
Lucky Charms Cupcakes
- Prepare cake mix per recipe and add green food coloring until desired shade is reached
- Bake cupcakes and cool completely
- Use a spoon to carve out the center of each cupcake
- Fill the opening with Lucky Charms marshmallows
- Pipe frosting on the top of each cupcake
- Sprinkle on gold edible glitter and themed decorations
- Serve and devour!