Thin Mint cookies get a whole new look with this Dirty Girl Scout Shot! Bailey’s Irish cream, Creme de Menthe, vodka and garnish with some mint cookies. Two minutes is all it takes to make this decadent Thin Mint shot!
I love to make my homemade Bailey’s Irish cream and it enhances this easy dirty shot to a whole new level! If you are a lover of mint, you have to try this mint shot.
Table of Contents
What is a Dirty Girl Scout Shot
Dirty Girl Scout shot is a Thin Mint-inspired shot drink. Whip these up for a fun way to elevate the party to a whole new level of fun. Just make sure to drink responsibly as it will be a boozy drink that carries a punch.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- Gives you the flavor of Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies!
- Takes literally just 1-2 minutes to make this shot.
- Smooth and creamy flavor.
- Great way to elevate the party to a whole new level.
- Bailey’s – Reach for Bailey’s Irish Cream for the base of this creamy cocktail. It adds a nice richness and outstanding flavor.
- Vodka – Plain vodka is going to be best, or you could use a mint if you want. But the vodka is not the star of the shot recipe.
- Creme De Menthe – This is the star of the cocktail. You are going to find it helps bring that smooth and creamy mint flavor to this hot.
- Thin Mint Cookies – If it is not Girl Scout season you can find mint chocolate cookies at a store. But of course, if you have Thin Mints on hand, those are always the best.
How To Make
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
- Add ingredients into the cocktail shaker. (Photos 1 & 2)
- Shake well to ensure it is fully mixed. Pour the Thin Mint shot into each glass. (Photo 3)
- Top with a cookie or fresh mint and serve. (Photo 4)
- Take the time to chill your ingredients before you go to mix them up. This is going to help elevate the flavor of the shot.
- Adding ice to the shaker is going to help chill down the drink ingredients tremendously.
- Strain and serve right away for the best flavor.
- Use shooter glasses or a classic shot glass.
- Add a splash of espresso into the mixture for added flavor and to make a dirty espresso shot.
- Top with some chocolate shavings, cookies, mint leaves, etc. Or even a dollop of whipped cream.
- Add in some White Creme de Cacao for a change of flavor.
- Want a richer cocktail, consider adding in 1/2 ounce of half and half.
- Use peppermint schnapps instead of Creme de Menthe.
This easy adult shot is best to be made fresh and serve right away. You will find this is a shot recipe that is not one to make and store in the fridge. You can keep all the ingredients separate and store in the fridge until you are ready to mix it up.
What to serve with Dirty Girl Scout Thin Mint Shot
Or to balance out the sweetness consider a meat and cheese tray.
You can swap the alcohol out with chocolate milk instead of the alcohol. Or you can add milk and then a little chocolate syrup. Stir well or shake the same.
These are served in a shot glass most generally. You can use any smaller glass to create a shot. For the strong flavor you will find it tastes best in smaller doses than sipping on it as a full-on cocktail.
Dust with cocoa powder, chocolate shavings, crumbled cookies, or even mint leaves. Feel free to garnish any way you want or leave it plain.
Need more boozy recipes? Try these:
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! For more easy, delicious homemade recipes!
Dirty Girl Scout Shot
- 4 Ounces Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 4 Ounces Vodka
- 4 Ounces Creme de Menthe
- Mint Chocolate Cookies or Fresh Mint optional garnish
- In a cocktail shaker you will add all ingredients to the shaker.
- Shake well to make sure it is fully mixed and chill.
- Strain and pour into the shot glasses.
- Garnish with a mint cookie or fresh mint leaves. Serve right away.