This layered duck fart shot is a total conversation starter! Now, not only is it a funny name, but it is bursting with rich flavors. Layers of Kahlua, Bailey’s Irish cream, and some Jack Daniel’s whiskey. Creamy layers, the right flavor, and a nice kick of whiskey. Give this duck shot a try for your next party.
You will find this shot is very similar to the B-52 shot. It swaps out an ingredient. But overall, it is a delicious and flavorful shot that will get your party started.
Table of Contents
What is Duck Fart Shot
Depending on the recipe, you will find that this is a very creamy and flavorful shot. Some recipes use Kahlua, coffee, a bold whiskey, and Bailey’s. Regardless this is a layered shot recipe that is full of flavor in each sip.
This is a stronger shot as it features whiskey in it. Now you can buy and use your favorite Whiskey from a Crown Royal to Jack Daniels and all in between.
This Duck Fart Shot Is…
- Offers a really need layered shot that offers an eye-catching shot! Plus the name is a great conversation starter.
- This shot was created back in 1980’s so it has been around for so long. It is a classic party shot recipe.
- Change up the ingredients used to create the perfect flavor combination! Feel free to play around with the ingredients used.
- Smooth, sweet, and creamy. This shot is one you can shoot down or sip on!
What’s in the Duck Shot
Kahula – This is a coffee liqueur that is going to give it a rich coffee flavor. You will find that it has a hint of bitterness to the shot.
Bailey’s – This Irish cream is so easy to make, or you can buy it at the store. It is a sweet and creamy texture that is the center of the shot. It offers a really sweet flavor to balance out the ingredients.
Whiskey – Now you can use any type of Whiskey. I used Jack Daniels, but any works. It is going to give your shot that nice tangy kick. It will balance out all the other ingredients.
How To Make
The complete list of ingredients, quantities, and instructions can be found in the printable recipe card below.
- Add your Kahlua into the shot glass. (Photo 1)
- Then slowly add in the Bailey’s. You will pour it over a spoon so it goes in nice and slow so it creating a layer. (Photo 2)
- Then top with the Jack Daniel’s using the spoon trick the same. (Photo 3)
- Serve right away. (Photo 4)
Tips from our Recipe Developer
- Using the back of the spoon to slowly pour in the layers of liquid is going to help create a layered look. If you pour it right into the shot glass, it will mix.
- Work with chilled ingredients. This is going to help give even better flavor to your shot.
- You can use plastic or glass shot glasses. I recommend using a clear glass so you can see the layers.
- Make sure you pour each ingredient in as it is directed. You don’t want to pour in different layers as it won’t layer properly.
- If you want a stronger shot feel free to adjust the amount of whiskey you use. Feel free to play around with the amounts of each ingredient.
- Add a layer of Ameretto after the Bailey’s for an extra layer of flavor.
- Instead of whiskey use a Smoky scotch to call it a smoky duck shot.
- Use a spiced whiskey or cinnamon whiskey for a spicy duck shot.
- Use a chocolate liqueur instead of Kahlua for a chocolate-flavored duck shot.
You will not want to make and store your shots assembled. It will break apart if you store it layered. I recommend storing each of the liquids in its own container in the fridge. Then it takes just a minute or two to assemble when you get a craving for it.
What to serve or eat with a duck fart shot?
Consider a charcuterie board for pairing. Or you can try stuffed mushrooms, peanuts, pretzels, caramel brownies, strawberries covered in chocolate, etc. You can pair anything with these shots. Even a tasty slider would be a great pairing.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will create layers of ingredients in the shot. You will aim to do around 1/3rd the way full for each different ingredient.
This offers a coffee, caramel, and smooth flavor to the shot. It is very decadent and rich in flavor. You will find that the flavor is very stand out and different from a classic shot.
You will find these shots are very popular and found a lot in the bar scene. Over the past few years, it has really begun to pick up even more steam on popularity.
Need more alcoholic recipes? Try these:
Did you make this recipe? Or any other delicious recipes on my site? If so, please leave a ★★★★★ star rating and drop a 📝 comment below! Ensure you’re not missing a thing; you can follow along with me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter! For more easy, delicious homemade recipes!
Duck Fart Shot
- Small spoon
- ½ Ounce Kahlua
- ½ Ounce Bailey’s
- ½ Ounce Jack Daniels
- In your shot glass add your Kahula.
- Next place the spoon backwards and slowly pour the Bailey's over the spoon to help create a layer. Have the bottom of spoon touching the Kahula in the glass.
- Repeat the spoon method with the Whiskey next. So you will have a layered duck shot to serve up right away.