Slow Cooker Chicken Stuffing Casserole is a comforting, easy to make all in one meal. The creamy sauce and stuffing mix is a great tasting kid-friendly meal that the entire family will enjoy.
If you are looking to change up your weekly meal rotation, this recipe is perfect to use a busy weeknight when you need a fix it and forget it meal. Toss everything in the slow cooker before work and come home to a warm and hearty dinner.
Why you should make this Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- Budget-friendly – You can make this dish very inexpensively and stretch it to serve a lot of people.
- Easy – It doesn’t get any easier than dumping the ingredients into the slow cooker and walking away, especially when you use a prepared stuffing mix.
- Flavorful – The stuffing mix brings a lot of flavor to the dish that won’t disappoint.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken recipe.
- Chicken breasts
- Onion, diced
- Nature’s seasoning
- Minced garlic
- Cream of chicken soup
- Chicken broth
- Dry gravy mix
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Stuffing Casserole
Full directions and measurements for this dish are in the printable recipe card below. These step-by-step photos and instructions are here to help you visualize how to make this recipe.
In a skillet, sauté the onions until browned.
Place chicken breast into the slow cooker and add onions and seasoning.
In a mixing bowl, combine the soup, broth, garlic, and gravy mix. Pour over chicken.
Add the stuffing crumbs and slow cook for 6 hours or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Spread the chicken and serve.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Tips For Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- Do not lift the lid of the slow cooker while this Chicken and Stuffing Bake is cooking. You want the condensation to be able to drip into the stuffing to keep it moist.
- Once done, stir very gently so that you don’t make the stuffing mushy.
- For easy clean up use a slow cooker liner or spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
Substitutions and Variations
- Change up this Chicken Stuffing Bake recipe by using cornbread stuffing instead of chicken.
- Out of cream of chicken soup? Cream of celery or mushroom would work instead.
- Vegetable broth makes a great substitution for chicken broth in this recipe.
- Don’t have Nature’s Seasoning? Use your favorite all-purpose seasoning, or poultry seasoning instead.
Slow Cooker Chicken Stuffing Casserole FAQs
Microwave leftovers on 50% power for 1 to 2 minutes or until warm all the way through.
Yes, you can. Prepare ahead in a slow cooker liner, but make sure to add the stuffing when are you ready to cook.
I don’t recommend freezing the leftovers because the stuffing does not hold up well in the freezer.
More Slow Cooker Recipes You May Enjoy
- Slow Cooker Ham and Veggie Chowder
- Slow Cooker BBQ Peach Chicken Thighs
- Easy Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Paprika Chicken
Slow Cooker Chicken Stuffing Casserole
- 2 large chicken breasts
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon nature’s seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 packet dry gravy mix
- 1 box stuffing
- In a skillet, sauté the onions until browned.
- Place chicken breast into slow cooker and add onions and seasoning.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soup, broth, garlic and gravy mix. Pour over chicken.
- Add the stuffing crumbs and slow cook for 6 hours or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Spread the chicken and serve.